The Aftermath

I sat in Hogwart's Great Hall covered in suet, mud, dust, and blood. My blonde hair was matted to my head and my braided ponytail and crazy. I dropped my head to my knees and sighed. I had cried all of my tears. Lyra was gone. Fred was gone. Sage was gone. Nora stood from her spot next to me and walked over to her body again. Ginny sat next to me and placed a hand on my bare shoulder. I looked up at her. Her eyes were puffy and red also. I looked over at the Weasley family. They stood over Fred and Lyra. George and Taurus clung to each other. 

It broke my heart but I felt desensitized. Ginny leaned on my shoulder and I sighed leaning on her also. Sophia Ray, Ace, Oliver, and a brunette stood over a body. I couldn't make them out. Ginny took my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed back as Ron came over. He sat on my other side and looked at me, cautiously.

"Why are you even back?" He asked, almost bitter. I sighed, thinking back.

"I'm back for a few reasons but mostly because I love America but it isn't home. I love Hogwarts but it's not quite home and I'm not going back to the St. James's," I said. "I just think home will be easier to find here," Harry walked over with Hermione. The silence was loud.

"Do you have a person who's like home?" Hermione asked. I smiled up at the kind young woman she was. I remembered the first letter Hermione was mentioned in. A toilet seat was sent to Mrs. Wealsey and Ginny from George and Fred with a letter attached to it telling them about a troll who almost killed Ron and this know-it-all girl.

"I used to, I might still, I don't know," I said honestly. Ginny squeezed my hand, understanding.

"I'm sure you still do. I have to go see Luna, I'm sorry Kait," I waved her off.

"Go, I'm alright," I said remembering the little girl who was scared to knock on her neighbor's door. She stood and walked quickly to Luna, a white-blonde girl in purple. Hermione fell next to Ron.

"Kailyn?" Harry asked. I looked up from my hands and nodded.

"Yes?"

"Sirius Black was a good man," He said. I smiled.

"I wish I'd known him better though," I said. He nodded and sat where Ginny was.

"I knew him pretty well. He was not a murderer, he was a brilliant, Kaitlyn," he said. My heart warmed, I knew that but I smiled at Harry anyway.

"Thank you, Harry," he nodded.

"And if you need a place to stay, Sirius left me his house," he scratched his neck and looked down. "You're more than welcome to stay with me, and your friend Nina too," I smiled.

"Nora and I will head back to America with Sage's body. Hopefully, we'll give her a proper burial and figure out some living arrangements for Nora," I said. He looked over at her.

"Shouldn't you stay with her? At least for a while," I shook my head.

"America isn't my home and she knows that," Hermione and Ron were whispering, off in their own world. "We have other friends who will take care of her," I said as the brunette and Sophia Ray approached Nora. Sophia Ray hugged Nora and the two stayed like that for a while.

"And you have people here who will take care of you," Harry said as Ginny joined us again with Luna and a blonde boy who was grinning widely. My eyes wandered to Charlie. He stood with Bill as they comforted their mom. Mrs. Weasley was shattered. 

I looked back at Charlie and actually looked. His hair was longer than before, the close crop cut I knew was long gone. He had burns on his arms from the dragons and a prickly face. I smiled despite myself. He looked good and healthy, his eyes glittered from tears. My mind recoiled and I stood. Sighing, I walked over to Nora, Sophia Ray, and the brunette.