Getting Accustomed

I walked with Nora and Sage to breakfast. Apparently, we only had to wear our cloaks on special occasions so I wore the blue button-up and blue and red skirt. Nora and I sat down but Sage hesitated she looked between Riley and Mack, and Nora and I.

"I'll see you guys in class," she said, head down. Nora sighed and started eating. It was every morning for the last two weeks. She couldn't let them go. They were toxic, pompous, selfish friends, and that wasn't a friend at all. However, like clockwork, Gavin sat across from me and Nora. 

Gavin had dark hair and eyes but pale skin. He was well built, almost perfectly but I'd met Charlie. The guy's uniform didn't have a skirt, they had blue pants with a red stripe down the outside of each leg. Apparently, you could buy a short sleeve button-up instead of a long sleeve.

"Morning," he said, sipping his coffee.

"Good Morning Gavin," I said, sighing. He laughed.

"Not happy to see me?" He said stretching out his arms. Nora rolled her sparkling blue eyes, that perfectly matched the blue uniform button-ups.

"When are we?" She asked laughing. He laughed and slapped his leg.

"Oh please, you love me," he said. I laughed as two letters fell onto my plate. I smiled and opened the first. It was Charlie.

Dear Kaitlyn,

I miss you greatly, school isn't so much fun without you. I know she'll be writing but Sophia Ray is fine. She has been welcomed into friendship with Dora and Penny. The twins almost miss you more than I do. Almost. Bill is organizing a dance, I wish you could be my date. I'll probably go but I'm telling you I'll have an awful time. I love you and I see our future clear as day.

Love, Charlie Weasley

I smiled at the letter. I loved him. Nora looked over my shoulder. I didn't mind much. It was the second letter I'd gotten from him, he always finished saying he loved me and could see our future.

"That's so sweet," she said softly. She was sensitive about the topic of Charlie and Sophia Ray. She knew I cried about them at night, and she was always there. She'd summon a cup of tea and we'd sit in the window, watching the stars.

"What is it?" Gavin asked loudly. I sighed.

"Nothing," I put the letter in my skirt pocket and opened the other.

Dear my best friend,

I miss you like so much. Dora and Penny have been great about keeping me company. Ace and I are dating and Oliver's being trained for the Gryffindor quidditch team! I miss you so much and so much has happened. You remember Victor...

I stopped reading and realized there were three more pages. I laughed and put it in my pocket as well. Nora smiled at me.

"You must have missed a lot," she said laughing softly. I laughed.

"Not really, Sophia Ray is just in all the gossip," I said remembering all the times she ran to me with fresh news.

"I get it," she smiled. Gavin looked between us.

"Okay, who is Sophia Ray?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"She's my best friend in England," I said as the bells rang. Nora sighed and popped a round hash brown (tater tot) in her mouth.

"Hurry up," she mumbled through the potato. I laughed and followed her. Gavin walked with us as we reached charms. I loved this charms teacher. Her hair was short curly and black. Her eyes were light brown and her skin was fairly tan. I sat in the front with Nora. Nora opened the book in front of us and sighed. Mrs. Forest laughed walking to the table.