Back to the Burrow

Sage and Nora hugged me tightly. They took me to the airport, I was finally visiting the Weasleys. My birthday was two days ago and Nora, Sage, and I had an all-nighter. I took my carry-on with me as I went to the gate.

"We love you!! Come back!!"

"Don't let them talk you into staying!!" I laughed but it was something that scared me. I hadn't seen these people in two years, would I be able to leave on time or would I want to leave early? I sat on the plane and sighed. I would soon see.

———

I appareated to the Borrow and looked around. I saw three people in the field but I chose to go to the door first. I walked up to the door and knocked. The door opened and a much older-looking Ginny tilted her head.

"Hello?" She asked. I sighed, disappointed.

"Hey, Ginny," I said. She looked around unsure. "My name is Kaitlyn, is Charlie or Bill home?" Her jaw dropped.

"KAIT!" She yelled hugging me. I embraced her tightly, thankful I was recognized. A loving face entered the living room.

"Kait?" They asked. Mrs. Weasley raised her arms and walked toward me. "Dear! How are you?" She asked hugging me tightly. Ginny ran out the door to the field.

"I've missed this," I muttered. She nodded and pulled away patting my cheek.

"Well, welcome back," she said softly. "Do come in, are you hungry? Oh, you must tell us all about your American school," she said handing me a much too large plate.

"I am actually," I said and started eating. She sat across from me with a sad smile.

"I'm assuming our letter didn't make it in time," she said. I wiped my mouth and tilted my head. "Charlie got a job offer and left immediately, just a few days ago," I set down my napkin and nodded.

"Oh," I muttered. She smiled weakly when three smiling faces ran into the kitchen. George and Fred ran right into me. They were tall and lanky like Mr. Weasley. "George! Fred!" I called, hugging them tightly. Ron walked up and stood next to me.

"Hello Kait," he said. I looked at him and almost cried. The twins let me go and I bent down to embrace Ron. He wrapped his small arms around my neck. It was hard to tell who Ron would be like but he was fairly tall. I held his arms and smiled at him.

"Ron, you're so much older," I said. He smiled.

"You too," I laughed as Mrs. Weasley scowled. "I'm sorry Charlie isn't here, I know he'd want to," he said. I smiled and stood straight.

"It's alright Ron," I looked at him and grinned. "Ron! You're going to Hogwarts, aren't you," I said smiling. He nodded. "And you two must be third years?" The twins nodded grinning. I turned to Ginny. "You ready to show them all up?" She nodded smirking.

"We knew you missed us," George said. It was a challenge to tell the twins apart but I could always do better than most. Luckily one day at Hogwarts Fred got a small scar on his hairline when I was watching them for Charlie and Bill as they were at Quidditch practice. It was almost an invisible difference but an advantage I had.

"I missed you guys," I confirmed .

"What's the Americans like?" Fred asked sitting next to me. George sat next to his twin and Ron and Ginny filled in the other side.

"They're wonderful, do you remember their names?" I asked. Fred raised his hand and jumped up and down. I laughed. "Yeah?" I asked. He cleared his throat.

"Nora and Sage," he said. George stood up and cleared his throat.

"May I?" He asked formally. Mrs. Weasley rolled her eyes. I nodded. He nodded to his sides and straightened an invisible tie.