Two Years Later

I packed my bag and smiled as I heard Mrs. Isabelle (Forest) yell up.

"Kait! Come on, spring break never lasts forever," I laughed and shrunk my luggage, running downstairs. Mr. John stood by the door. His blonde hair was similar to mine, but he had brown eyes.

"Alright, dear, do you have everything?" He asked, raising his eyebrows. I nodded. Mrs. Isabelle walked around the corner with a plastic bottle.

"Everything but lunch," she said, handing me the smooth. I took it, rolling my eyes. After the summer I spent with them the school let Mrs. Isabelle come home for breaks and Mr. John invited me back. So I spent every break with them since then. This last spring break was two weeks. I'd spent almost two years in America and I loved my American family. 

It was my last semester of school ever and I was supposed to find a mentor. Plenty would be coming but I knew who I wanted to learn under. Mr. Smith our flying instructor, I had told him about Hogwarts having a quidditch for each house and he liked the idea. With any luck, I'd be able to set it up just the same. Mr. John kissed Mrs. Isabelle and I smiled. Mrs. Isabelle and I left the house, waving.

"Bye, Mr. John," I said. He nodded.

"Bye, dear, bye darling," he said. Mrs. Isabelle blew him a kiss and we appareated. We landed hard on the porch of the school. I smiled at my second home. The tall castle that has hosted me, through ups and downs. Mrs. Isabelle placed her hand on the gate's lock and it opened. I sighed as the doors swung open.

"Come on," Mrs. Isabelle said running to the entrance. I laughed and followed. We both wore shorts and trainers because of the warm weather. We reached the school and she laughed breathlessly.

"That was fun," I said panting. She nodded and waved her wand. Her red shorts turned into long red flare trousers. She nodded and we walked in. Some students wandered with their friends and others were playing with their wands.

"Retrieve your wand and find Sage and Nora, I have a teacher's meeting to be at," she gave me a quick hug and kissed my head. "Have fun," she ran up the steps and waved to students as she passed. I walked to the recovery room and saw my wand. I lifted my hand and it rushed to it, just as it did after every break. I smiled then I ran to my room with vigor and excitement when I bumped into someone.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," I said. The boy with dark hair and eyes, Daniel. I smiled as he glared.

"You'll pay with the rest," he muttered. I shrugged.

"Fine, put it on my tab," I bowed and kept running. Part of me pitied him, always so angry. I barged into the horned serpent main room and familiar voices of younger students who I'd gotten to know, addressed me.

"Kaitlyn! Dueling club?" Lilian asked.

"Absolutely," I said, happily.

"Kaitlyn," I hugged Trish. "Good to see you," she said, walking off to her room. I waved.

"You too, Trish," I said.

"K Brit!" Josh yelled running over to hug me.

"Josh," I hugged him and swayed.

"Good to see ya. You helping me Transfiguration?" He asked pulling away and walking to his dorm. I laughed, Josh used to make fun of me but soon we became good friends when I told him about Quidditch at Hogwarts.

"Mate, classes haven't even started," I rolled my eyes.

"Just prepping," he said shrugging and meeting up with Tyler and Pax. They were a year younger than us.

"Kait!!!" I turned as a body collided with mine squeezing the life out of me. I hugged the brunette back laughing.

"Sage!!" I screamed.