Prologue

Hey, I hope you enjoy the story! It's kinda complex but also pretty cool (in my opinion)

__________________

I walked through the crowded halls on my way to charms my favorite class. I stretched my neck looking for my best friend, Sophia Ray. I stopped in the middle of the hall and most people just went around me. See I was just about the nicest person you could meet but as a feared Slytherin I had a reputation for not liking it when I was pushed too far.

"Marco!" I yelled into the sea of kids.

"Polo!" Shouted a voice. I ran to it, my peers parting like the Red Sea so I could get through. Most rolled their eyes but I didn't care. I ran up to a girl with tan skin, brown hair, and blue eyes.

"Hey Marco," I said. We made eye contact and nodded. She jumped on my back and answered.

"Hello Polo, how are you?" I sighed and kept walking.

"Pretty good, how bout you?" I asked curiously. She sighed and flopped around on my back but my steps never faltered. 

Sophia Ray and I were pretty opposite. Her hair and skin were black and brown, mine were blonde and pale. Her eyes were dark blue, mine were light green.

"McGonagall yelled at me saying it wasn't acceptable to transform another student into a tooth pick then she gave me detention. But honestly Kaitlyn what's transfigurations without transforming a few kids." She whined as we walked into charms.

"I have to agree, it's the best part," I said as she hopped off my back. Her head of house Professor Flitwick tapped his wand on a book telling us to settle. At the next desk over to us was Penny and Nymphadora or Dora as we called her. 

See the fifth year was so small we had classes all together and with the years above us, except transfigurations because McGonagall refused to teach us all at once. The ones in our year were; Dora, Penny, Charlie, Ace, Ben, Sophia Rey, Victor, Tulip, Murela, Liz, and I. Eleven kids in all.

Dora was by far the funniest person in our year she hung out with Charlie and I on occasion. On those occasions, Penny hung out with Sophia Ray. Penny and Dora had a similar relationship dynamic to Sophia Ray and I. 

Penny waved subtly to us then looked forward. Dora waved standing up and with a big motion. I stood and waved back. The four of us laughed and Flitwick sighed. We settled as he started class.

"Good morning everyone I hope you are all well. Today we will," a crash came as the door flew open. In stumbled George and Fred Weasley (who had to take charms with us because their brother Bill had to supervise them after the bubble gum incident) along with Ace Wood a fifth year.

"Sorry, Professor," the twins said together. Flitwick rolled his eyes.

"Goodness we'll have to find a seat, twins it seems there are seats for you both up top next to Mr Weasley the first, and Mr Wood just sit by Miss St. James," I cringed at my last name, and then groaned as the boy sat by me.

"James," he said grinding his teeth. I sighed. I was returned to my biological parents two years ago and the adjustment wasn't easy. They threw me out because they didn't really want me, they wanted an heir and I wasn't good enough. The ministry however insisted they keep me, after that, I only ran away five times, but still no one got the message.

"Ace of Spades. How do you do?" I instigated. He didn't answer. At least I had Sophia Ray as a distraction. I tapped my fingers on the table using our own code to tell her I was annoyed. Sophia Ray rolled her eyes and tapped 'No duh'. 

We continued to tap back and forth for the majority of the lecture. I went to write down a note and bumped elbows with Ace. He was right-handed and I was left-handed.