41. Goodbye Chicago?

Start from the beginning

Taking a seat on the couch, he cleared his throat. And with that ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Jyotiraditya Bhardwaj interrupted us, again. "Kuhoo, now that you've prepared four cups of coffee. Might as well have it and then proceed towards your work. Why to waste it?"

That stopped her. Amazing, I was begging her to not leave but she didn't pay heed. He just asked once, she agreed readily and went back towards the sofa, picking a cup, sipping the coffee.

"What's your reporting time?" He asked while drinking from his mug.

"Uh, it's nine. But I usually keep a spare time of fifteen minutes. Just to clear off backlog due to traffic or other things," She blew some air on the surface of hot brown liquid as steams were coming out of it endlessly.

"Typical Kuhoo," He scoffed a chuckle, "I could drop you on the way, if you want."

Fucking unbelievable.

Somebody light up a firecracker to celebrate this reunion.

"No thanks. I've a car," She glared making him cough.

"Are you fine, boss?" Pranit asked to which he nodded.

"How long are you going to stand there, Mahil?" She raised an eyebrow. I sighed. So, she didn't forget me due to his presence.

Sauntering towards them, I paused wondering where to sit. Kuhoo had taken the single sofa. Unexpected guests were sitting on three-seater, with Pranit in a corner and Adi in middle, leaving me only one place which was beside my newly found oh-so-dear brother.

Grinning devilishly, I landed myself on the bouncy cushion applying excessive force and drops of hot brown liquid from his own cup spilled on his lavish clothes.

"What the fuck, man?" He glared at me like an angry owl. Yes, it suited him best. Owl with huge ebony black eyes that I needed to take out.

"I didn't do anything," I mumbled innocently.

"You did it deliberately. The thought of doing this sleazy deed was all over your face. Now, look what you've done," He barked placing the cup aside, attempting to clean the expensive clothe with a handkerchief.

"Oh please, who even wears an Armani in a household?" I shrugged the shoulders.

"Then what should I do? Walk around in my boxers?" He snarled.

Kuhoo coughed placing her empty cup on the table in an attempt to make us aware of her presence, "I think there's a lot for you two to catch up. Act like mature adults. To find a way out of this, you guys need to talk."

"So do we. We got a lot to catch up as well," He mumbled meeting her eyes and making an undecipherable emotion appear on her face.

Mental note 2: Test the dagger on his untamed tongue before going for eyes.

Standing abruptly, she cleared the throat completely ignoring his words, "I'll get going. Sit back and sort out your differences. You both are a family."

Giving me a final look of don't-you-dare-fight-with-him, she left. When did I do that? I was a simple, non-violent man, except for a few people hurting this woman who had my heart.

If I could throw him out of my house, I would. But the fact that blood running in his veins was somewhere same as that of mine stopped me. How did I even get myself into this mess?

Leaving everything that I build here in this city on my own, I was not going to a completely unknown place for a family that I didn't know existed. Could dear mother mean this when she used say that LA was not my fate? But wasn't it about the woman I would fall for?