39. Like a tickling time bomb

Kuhoo :

It had been five days since I saw Mahil. There were times when we stayed apart, sometimes even for weeks but it never felt so long.

I counted every day, every hour, every single minute. Although, I knew he was there in a flat next to me, I couldn't muster enough courage to show up at his doorstep. I had hurt him too much to just walk in his home. And more than that I feared how he was invading my space every moment, how perfectly I had memorized the slight brush of his lips over my ones and the aftermath of it or how madly I was longing to get more of him.

There wasn't a day when I didn't think about what could happen if I hadn't brought Adi's name in that moment. I was never a woman with immense physical needs, or else I could easily let loose and use the freedom of staying in a new city as an opportunity to sleep with a few men who had offered me the same when I initially moved here. But I knew a hook up was not what I needed to forget Adi.

Intimacy to me was just another promise of forever. Although, I couldn't fathom its plausibility but I still believed in it. What pulled me to Mahil was; it meant the same to him. Or maybe it was his unshakable faith that we belonged to each other. I was the one to call him out that he was in love with the idea of love. Funny, I didn't realize I was falling for it too.

Earlier there was more care, trust and sense of belonging between us than attraction. In fact, attraction took very little part in our bond. But after that day, as if every ounce of care, each modicum of trust was turning into bits of attraction.

At times, it was unendurable to exist without placing my lips on his and then there were moments when I felt an undying desire to walk up to him and ask him to kiss me breathless till the time I forget ghosts of past, present and future, until I could only remember one name, Mahil. That was the best way to clear my head. He was the best way to clear my head, on contrary, he had asked me to do it myself and I didn't know how to.

All these emotions hindered my focus on the work, which certainly surprised me. Usually, no matter what my personal situation was it never affected my work. When in a hospital I was a doctor and nothing more, because, compartmentalization was an art I had mastered over years. But Mahil proved to be an exception, creating a ruckus on both sides of the compartments, or maybe he just simply made me whole. He completed me filling my gaps with tranquility in such an impeccable manner that it became difficult to be in broken parts which had been my forte for the longest span of time.

Soon it was evening. Throwing my purse over the left shoulder, I sauntered out of my cabin when Clara came, "Hey, Kuhoo. Where're you going?"

"Home, it's time," I shrugged.

"Did nobody tell you? Dr. Martha is throwing a party on the occasion her 60th birthday and we all are invited!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, what?" I questioned dubiously.

"I'm surprised that you don't know about it. I mean you've been one of her favorites. It begins in a few minutes. Everybody has gone there," She expressed.

"It kind of skipped my mind. Plus, I'm not dressed for a party. And I'm not really a club person," I tried to walk away. Out of all the things a party wasn't something I was looking for, especially when my mind was totally blown off by a certain amber-brown eyed man.

"You could borrow mine. I live close to the venue. I think you should come, just wish her and get going," She suggested.

"Okay, but I'm fine with these clothes," I agreed noting down the address.

Dr. Martha was an inspiration in the field of neurosurgery. I learned a lot from her and for that I considered myself lucky. She had booked the entire club, except for VIP area. All our hospital staff was present. I wondered how it skipped my mind. Mahil, what was this man doing to me?