22. Haven't you?

Mahil :

Scrolling through my phone I went back to the texts I had sent her, much to my dismay they were unseen. After our little shopping spree, Kuhoo just disappeared. But then again, I hardly saw her on usual days except for chance evening meetings when she would be on the way back home.

"Have you seen Kuhoo? I called her twice last night but no luck. She is still planning to dance, right?" Rahul asked as we took a break.

Frey shot a curious glance our side listening to the word Kuhoo. Ignoring the kid's shining eyes I told Rahul, "She wanted to but it seems like a challenge with her tight schedule. I haven't seen her in the last two days despite of being her neighbor. The woman is always working."

"She wasn't like this earlier. Actually she was. But people around helped her make a balance. Kuhoo's problem is she doesn't know where to stop." He rubbed the temple.

"You are saying this about the woman who counts her every single action? During our initial encounters, I remember her scolding me just because she lost a few minutes due to my untimely presence. What I mean is, she knows exactly where to stop, when to start, everything about her seems so calculated, given to the fact that she lets the clock lead her life." I picked a water bottle from the table. Atmosphere outside had turned cold after weekend's slight snowfall. It probably would turn freezing by end of the month.

"Can't argue with that. Her time punctuality is phenomenal. The only person I have seen that time-bound is Adi. Probably one of the qualities that impressed Kuhoo." He took a seat on a nearby chair.

"Adi, Adi, Adi. Who is this guy and what is his deal with Kuhoo?" I irked.

"Chill man," He looked at me perplexed.

"What are you guys talking about?" Riya questioned on walking out of the washroom.

"Nothing babe. Did you call Kiya?" Rahul asked his fiancée. I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably upon the mention. Last two days had been difficult with her constant approach. Nevertheless, she was beautiful but I probably was not wired in a way to enjoy such attention. So, expecting me to reciprocate to it was a lost cause.

"She is coming with Taran. Oh by the way, I told her to pick Kuhoo as well." Ms. Khurana replied.

"Really?" I was surprised that she was coming. But why didn't she text me?

"They'll be here in half an hour." She looked at the wall clock that showed fifteen past six.

"Let's continue till then. Play the music, Frey."

Rahul threw me a glare and I chuckled knowing he probably wanted to rest. We bonded well in a short span, Kuhoo being the center of our conversations most of the times. Upon Riya's further persuasion, he got up. The duo started rehearsing same steps again.

After some time, Kuhoo walked in followed by the Khurana cousins, her eyes scanning every nook and corner of the place curiously. I felt a little fuzzy realizing she had stepped into my studio for the first time.

Many people had been to Ahana dance studios, most of them being my clients. Since the time I bought this place, I had always felt the need to share this happiness with my family, or at least someone close, someone who could smile proudly at me without those envious eyes. Why did I want Kuhoo to smile that way?

I was about take a step in her direction when two arms wrapped around my back and I sighed exasperatedly finding Kiya Khurana hugging me, again, as she had done in the last two days. Kuhoo looked at us with wide eyes before sauntering towards Rahul and I immediately moved away from the woman clearing the throat. But as I attempted to walk, Kiya tugged at my arm saying, "Would you like to be my partner for tonight, Mahil?"