𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙇𝙐𝘿𝙀 - 𝙀𝙉𝘿 𝙊𝙁 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏 𝙏𝙒𝙊

we finally have each other, but what do i feel even farther away from you than before?

☩ 𓅓 ☩

WARNING. MATURE CONTENT AHEAD.
READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

And just like that, five, almost six months of isolation went by. Months of Aubrey and Kate supporting each other with the kids but, at the same time, dancing around one another and the obvious tension that always managed to settle when they were alone in a room together.

From the outside looking in, it was apparent that something much larger was happening than what meets the eye. Chubbs could see it when he stopped by in late June for lunch. Sophie could see it every time she dropped off Adonis. Hell, her sisters had seen it for years. And the media always speculated something was happening behind closed doors.

But for Aubrey and Katie they had no idea how to address the growing tension other than ripping each other's clothes off and getting to work right there in the living room—something they both would have done if they were teenagers but knew better than to do now.

Kate had lived up in Toronto for almost two years now, with the exceptions of when she would visit L.A. for business deals and family visits. However, with the filming beginning for the family's new show, The Kardashians, in the spring of 2021, she needed to frequent The Hills as often as she could, which meant taking Romeo with her.

She worried it was hard on her son, but he seemed to be this giant ball of sunshine no matter where he landed, and he adapted as well as he could. 

The event that night was one Kate had been excited to attend, and that was the Free Larry Hoover concert Kanye was hosting while Drake featured. This meant that for the first time in a while, they could stay in L.A. for a couple of weeks.

Never did Katherine ever think that she would end up at an outdoor concert in the cold of December. Yes, they were in California, but it was still freezing that night at about thirty-eight degrees.

She was here to support Aubrey and her sister's "husband." Kim had made it evident that divorce with Kanye was imminent based on his actions, whatever those may be, concerning her. And Kate understood what it was like to refuse to go back to a man based on his decisions, mental disease or not. Kim just couldn't take his attacks on her family and this need to always let his thoughts be known or get the last word.

The benefit concert that Kanye had carefully planned out was at the Los Angeles Coliseum, and it was about ten o'clock at night when it started.

"I should have been in there by now," Kate panicked as she, Kim, Saint, and North filed out of Kim's black jeep, with Kendall and Kris's cars a few spaces down ironically.