Chapter 32- The power of Music

Depuis le début

"What? She's talented, but I just think she's too obnoxious and rude in interviews and in general."

"Again, how dare you?"

"I like Ariana Grande better."

"Musa, do you want to do the honours?"

"How dare you?" Musa asked, giggling. "Wait, I like Ariana."

"So do I, but I wouldn't choose her over Reneé."

"It's just my humble opinion." Ebony said, giggling.

"And I'll respect that, no matter how much I think you're wrong and demented." Ruby joked making the two laugh.

"Musa, shouldn't you get ready for the concert? It's getting late." Ebony reminded her, looking up at the orange sky.

"Oh, shit. You're right, thank you for reminding me." Musa said, standing up and running toward the school. "See you girls later."

"Good luck." Ruby shouted after her.

"We should also head there now." Ebony said, standing up and offering a hand to help Ruby up.

"Yeah sure." Ruby sighed, taking her girlfriend's hand and standing up. They interlocked their fingers and began walking toward Red Fountain where the concert would be held at. "Please tell me you at least like Beyoncé."

"Also not one of my favourite singers." Ebony admitted. "And neither is girl in red. Or Lady Gaga."

"Alright, stop talking. Every single word that is currently coming out of your mouth is making me question our whole relationship." Ruby joked, making Ebony chuckle. The brunette nudged her with her shoulder playfully.

"Shut up."

Suddenly, Ruby bumped into someone, and to prevent them from falling, she grabbed their waist and pulled them close to her. She held a beautiful auburn haired girl with bright and, awfully familiar, doe eyes of the color teal. The girl's face was a deep shade of red as Ruby's hands gripped her waist tightly and their faces were too close together.

Ebony cleared her throat angrily causing the two girls to snap out of their transe. Ruby let go of the auburn haired girl and took a step back, leaving her personal space.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." Ruby apologized smiling kindly, deepening the girls blush.

"Yeah, no-no problem." She cleared her throat, trying to compose herself. "I wasn't looking where I was going either so..."

"Let's go." Ebony said, grabbing Ruby's arm with both her hands. The aurburn haired girl glared daggers at Ebony and at her hands on the redhead's arm. Ruby swore she was able to hear her teeth grinding. "We're going to be late for the concert."

"Bye." Ruby said, waving at the girl while her girlfriend pulled her away. "You didn't have to be so rude, you know?"

"I have all the right in the world to be rude. She was staring at you like you are a peace of meat."

"Technically I am a piece of meat and bones and organs." Ruby joked, however Ebony didn't find it that funny. "Come on, don't be like that. I don't even know her, you've got no reason to be jealous."

"I'm not jealous." Ebony said through gritted teeth.

"Really? Say that to your face 'cause it doesn't seem to agree with you."

Ebony scoffed and rolled her eyes and didn't say another word the rest of their walk to Red Fountain

When they arrived at the school it was already dark and they were just in time for the concert to start. The lights of the stage in the middle of the arena went on and Musa ran into the stage with a bright smile. Everyone started cheering like crazy as the Fairy waved at them excitedly and began singing.