Baking together

You and Reneé decide to spend some time baking together

~-~

It's been a while since Y/n and Reneé had a fun date night, since both girls had a busy schedule, and tonight wasn't gonna be any different, or so they thought.

Y/n's alone laying on the couch of her shared house with Reneé, with some random TV show playing, just to fill in the silence.

Y/n's bored out of her mind, though, and Reneé is only getting home from work in a few hours. She has done any possible task, to keep her mind from boredom, but now scrolling on her phone, she can't help it.

The girl, lets out a sigh after checking the time for what felt like the hundredth time, deciding then to go bake some random cake.
It seems like the perfect idea, she's gonna cure her boredom and by the time the cake's done, Reneé will be home and they'll be able share it.

Y/n gets up, moving to the kitchen, connecting her playlist to the speakers. Starting to search for a cake recipe, settling on a chocolate one.

Once she's in the kitchen, she sets her phone by the counter, getting the ingredients and measurements ready, along with pre-heating the oven, while softly singing to whatever song was playing.

It's not until Y/n's starting to mix the ingredients together, that she hears her house door open being followed by a voice she loves saying "I'm home, baby!"

The girl quickly goes to greet her girlfriend, with an excited and surprised look, after pausing the music, not expecting to see her so soon. Reneé had finally got some free time from the studio, being able to go home earlier than usual, eager to see Y/n.

Once Reneé sees her girl, she greets her with a tight hug. "I missed you!" Y/n says, hearing "I missed you too!" in return. Both girls pull away from the hug, sharing a loving kiss.

"Why are you home so early?" Y/n asks, grabbing Reneé's hand leading her towards the kitchen, before continuing "Not that I'm complaining, obviously." looking back at her, seeing a smile, "I finished recording earlier than what I was supposed to" making Y/n nod.

As they enter the kitchen Reneé sees all the ingredients on the counter, causing her face to light up, "Were you baking?" she asks moving to go see all the mess, hearing Y/n laugh while answering "No, I was stacking papers", seeing Reneé turn around to Y/n faking an annoyed look, developing into a smile.

Y/n goes to her phone, unpausing the music, "You wanna help me bake?" She says, looking at Reneé expectantly, watching her nod.

As the girls start working on the cake, there's a confortable silence around them, listening to the songs playing, just sharing some small talk here and there.

"So, how was your day at the studio?" Y/n asks, showing interest.

Reneé smiles, her eyes lighting up with excitement. "It was amazing, actually! We finally nailed down the chorus for that new song I've been working on. I can't wait for you to hear it."

Y/n beams with pride, her heart swelling with admiration for her girlfriend's talent. "I can't wait to hear it, babe." She says smilling kissing Reneé's cheek, making her smile.

It's not long until they start to pour the batter into the cake pan, Reneé, of course, assisting Y/n, taking the change to steal a taste of what they made and earning a playful swat on the arm from Y/n, causing both girls to laugh.

"Can you put it in the oven? please" Y/n asks turning to her girlfriend with a cute smile, knowing she might burn herself, like usually, if she does it hersfelf. Reneé nods, grabbing the pan with a giggle.

As soon as the cake's in the oven, they start to prepare the frosting. Given that it was something quick, Reneé starts expertly mixing together the ingredients, her movements fluid and graceful.
Making Y/n admire her, but Reneé doesn't let it slide "You know, instead of looking at me, you could be helping me" she turns to Y/n, looking her up and down with some sass, laughing.

"Hmhm, I could. But you're such a natural at this," Y/n remarks with a smirk, leaning in to steal a quick kiss from her girlfriend, as Reneé chuckles.

Since they still have to wait until the cake is baked, they lean on the counter, starting to talk about anything that came into their minds, along with sharing some kisses, just listening to the music playing.

Time passes fast, until 1+1 by beyoncé starts playing, making and Reneé gasp and quickly say "I love this song!" starting to sing along, making Y/n watch in awe.

Reneé turns to Y/n, that was already looking at her, with a smile, stealing her a kiss, making it last. Grabbing onto the smaller girl waist, moving to the middle of the kitchen, while feeling Y/n's hands wrap through her neck, seeing her face with a smile. Starting to sway their bodies, sharing some laughs, before continuing to softly sing the lyrics.

They don't even notice how fast the time passed, until they hear the alarm signaling the cake's done.

Once they let the cake cool down, they start to decorate it. As they're doing so, their hands brush against each other, sending a shiver of electricity down Y/n's spine, meeting the butterflies she was already feeling.

Finally, when the cake is complete, it's not the most beautiful, but it's definitely the most special. Y/n and Reneé step back to admire their handiwork, with smiles on their faces.

"Looks almost too good to eat," Y/n jokes, looking to see Reneé's reaction, seeing her laugh, reaching out to take Y/n's hand in hers. "Almost," she agrees, pulling Y/n close for a loving embrace.

They set the cake on the kitchen table, both girls snap a quick picture, proud of their work. Reneé even posting it on her socials. And as they sit down to taste it, both girls know this is a moment they'll treasure forever, and never forget.

The cake did taste amazingly, though.

~-~

just a small one x
it kinda reminds me of 'in the kitchen' ngl lmaoo