Ex-Boyfriend

-~-

-~-

"you see your ex, scared he's gonna think you're not over him yet (which you're not), your friend reneé comes to the rescue, sparking some things."

-~-

"No, Reneé, I don't wanna gooo" I say, talking about the after party my best friend has been begging me to go, I think some of her friends are also there, I stopped paying attention when i heard his name.

The thing is, just a month ago my boyfriend, well ex now, cheated on me and now I know he's gonna be there.

It's 11pm and we're currently at a grocery store parking lot, eating ice cream leaning on my car. I'm eating my chocolate and vanilla one when i hear her annoying me again "But y/n pleaseee",

"Girl, no".

"But why not?"

"you know why babe", saying her nickname that i know gets her flustered.

"Y/n, get over him, so what he cheated on you? He never even deserved you in the first place. You can do so much better" looking slightly at my lips during the last part, something that went unnoticed, given the fact that was too busy looking at the spoon in my hand.

"I know" i let out a sigh "But i can't help it, just a month ago we broke up and he already has someone else. I can't even imagine kissing someone other" looking up at her and seeing her with a weird look on her eyes that i can't exactly figure out what it is.

"Look, who cares if you're not over him?" Reneé says looking me up and down "'Cause he clearly doesn't, do you seriously want him to think that you're still crying in your room? or do you want him to get jealous and figure out the bad bitch he lost?" now looking into my eyes.

I can't deny, I've always loved her eyes, I could genuinely get lost in them, so, of course I'll keep the eye contact, intensifying it while saying "Like the bad bitch i am" with a small smile on my face.

"Yeah, that's my girl!" she yells through the parking lot, getting some weird looks from a couple a few feet away. "Come on then, bad bitchh" prolonging the last word while going inside my car, making me roll my eyes, with a smile on my face, this girl is amazing.

-~-

"Alright, my love, where to?" I ask while driving, feeling confident after some more uplifting words from my beloved friend.

"Just go ahead and I'll tell you when to turn, princess", she said while turning the volume up.

Our relationship has always been like this, we flirt a lot, call each other pet names, cuddle all the time, some people have actually mistaken us for girlfriends.

Jake, my now ex, used to be jealous of Reneé, crazy right? I mean, I love her, but not like that, well, she's very gorgeous and I used to have a crush on her, when we were younger, but it's not like you can blame me anyways.