24💙

Lexi knew how things with Tom had gotten so much more complicated. She knew that it wasn't easy at all. And she was struggling to get the baby's stuff.

Lexi was beginning to feel like she was letting her own baby down by not being able to provide for her own baby. It was breaking her heart that she was struggling so much.

She knew that Max had been there to help her. He had been discreetly buying her stuff. And making out it was Esmè's. Lexi wasn't stupid. She knew it was Max.

She knew that while she was thankful, she didn't want her own brother spending money on someone else's baby. It wasn't right. And she knew it should have been Tom.

But she and Tom were barely talking. Lexi knew it shouldn't be that way. She and Tom should have been happy that they were having a baby. But it was the opposite. She didn't know what to do anymore. And she just felt like things were all too much.

All she knew was that something had to change. And she just didn't know how to go about making that change. Knowing she missed how things used to be.

Morning came and she walked into the kitchen. She saw Leigh there in Max's shirt. She smiled. "Hey. You want a drink?" She asked.

"Yeah please. I see you're in my brother's shirt. I gather he's here?"

Leigh shrugged. "Nothing happened. I was bored. So asked him to come over. He did. We watched a movie. He's currently in the living room with Esmè. Listen, he wants to help you."

Lexi nodded and sighed. "I know he does. I just... I don't know what I can do. He's my brother. And I feel awkward taking money from him. especially as I know it's meant to be Tom."

Leigh smiled. "You realise he's buying you stuff secretly don't you?"

"I had noticed. I don't know. It's all a mess. I miss Tom. And just want to make things okay again," Lexi told her.

"I know."

***
Lexi went into work with her brother and Leigh. She looked around but couldn't see Tom's car anywhere. She saw Josh and walked over to him. "Where's your dad?" She asked.

"Says he's not coming in today. Didn't look well," Josh told her. He looked to her. "You're pathetic. Treating him like you have because he tried to do the right thing."

Lexi frowned. She shook her head. "You don't have the right to speak to me that way. Your dad took the money I had saved for our baby. And he gave it to his ex girlfriend. I am not the one in the wrong," she said.

Josh scoffed and shrugged. "He's better off without you."

"Josh Stevenson. Detention," Max said.

***
Lexi had tried to call Tom. But she couldn't get through. She was worried about him. She sighed and grabbed her jacket. She left her classroom and saw Max. "I need to go check on Tom. I'm worried," she said.

Max nodded. He smiled. "Let me know if you need me," he said as he hugged his sister.

But Lexi had no idea what was waiting for her when she arrived at Tom's house.