22💙

Lexi couldn't believe that Davina had turned up again. She hated how the woman had broken Tom before. She hated the woman in general.

That morning, Lexi woke in bed. Tom was sitting there. "You're not letting her get to you are you?" She asked as she looked to him.

Tom shook his head. "No babe. I want to know what she wants. There has to be a reason she's here after all this time," he said.

Lexi shrugged. "Maybe you need to speak to her? To find out why she's here. I mean, like you said, there has to be a reason."

Tom nodded and smiled. "What I do know is that she's not going to come between us. I promise."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

***
Lexi and Tom went into work. Tom walked off leaving Lexi standing there. She sighed as Leigh walked over to her. "I heard. Are you okay?" She asked.

Lexi shook her head and sighed. "No. My head is a mess. Like what the hell does she want?"

Leigh smiled. "There's only one way you're going to find that out. Talk to her. And see what she wants. It's the only option you've got."

"But that will cause havoc with me and Tom. I don't want that."

Leigh shrugged. She looked to her. "It will be okay. I know it will. Just find out what she wants."

"Yeah. Okay."

Leigh smiled. "Max came over last night. Without Kim. And he said he wanted to get to know Esmè. Spend some time with her. So I've told him he can have her this weekend."

Lexi nodded and smiled. "I know he will love spending time with her. He told me he wanted to get to know her."

"Im willing to give him a chance," Leigh said as she smiled.

***
Lexi sat in the staffroom. She smiled as her brother walked in. "Hey. I hear you're having Esmè this weekend."

Max nodded. "Yes. I've told Kim I'm away at a conference. She won't be bothering me. But how are you?"

Lexi shrugged. "Toms ex. Davina. She turned up. And I don't know what she wants. Which sucks. I'm just scared I'm going to lose Tom. And I don't want to," she said.

Max smiled as he looked to her. "If there's one thing I know, it's that you and Tom are strong to overcome everything that comes your way," he told her.

Lexi smiled. "Thanks Max. You're a decent human when you're not with Kim," she said as she looked at him.

Max laughed and walked off. Lexi sighed, knowing how much of a mess it all was.

***
Lexi and Tom were sitting in the pub with the other staff. Lexi frowned as Davina walked in. Steph stood up and smiled. "Didn't think we would see you here again," she said.

"Just came back to sort some business out. I'm not staying for long. Tom, can I talk to you?" Davina asked as she looked to him.

Tom sighed. "Whatever you want to say to me, you can say it in front of Lexi. She's my family."

Davina nodded. "Fine. I want to talk about child support. For the baby I gave birth to. Your baby. Your daughter."

Lexi stood in shock. But was there more to this than she thought?