25🤍

Lexi hated how Davina was threatening to take Tom to court. She knew how she was trying to ruin everything between them. She was trying to take everything from Tom. And she didn't want that.

Lexi had no idea what she was going to do about it all. Especially as she knew Tom was considering giving her the money.

She knew it was all he wanted to have a child. She knew how she was pregnant with their baby. But she couldn't help worrying that Tom was going to replace their baby.

All she knew was that things were messy. And she didn't know how much more she could deal with.

When she woke that morning, she walked downstairs and saw Tom looking at his phone. She smiled. "Morning," she said as she kissed his cheek.

Tom smiled. "I've been thinking, maybe I should give Davina the money. It would be easier then having to go to court," he told her.

Lexi frowned. "Tell me you're joking? Tom where are you getting the money from?" She asked.

"The baby's fund."

"No. No chance. That money is for the baby. And you are not giving our baby's money to that deranged cow," Lexi said.

Tom rolled his eyes. He looked to her. "I knew you wouldn't understand. You are selfish."

"I'm selfish? Are you having a joke? You are literally talking about taking money from the baby's money to give your ex girlfriend who is claiming she's the mother of your daughter. Have you actually met this little girl?" Lexi asked.

"I have. And she has my eyes."

Lexi felt betrayed. She walked upstairs. As soon as she was dressed, she left the house.

***
Lexi went into school. She saw Max and smiled as he walked over to her. "Esmè is in hospital. She's having a check up on her heart murmur today."

Lexi nodded and sighed. She wiped away her tears. Max saw. "Hey. What's wrong?" He asked.

"T-Tom. He wants to give Davina money, from the baby's money. He says he's met the little girl. He didn't tell me," Lexi sobbed.

Max frowned as he pulled her into an hug. He glared as he saw Tom. "Told you has she?" Tom said.

Max rolled his eyes. "Yes. She has. And the fact you're doing this behind her back is just disgusting."

Tom ignored Max. He looked to Lexi. "I've got the money. I'm sorry. But I don't want to go to court," he said.

Lexi turned to him. She shook her head. "Do it then. I don't care anymore. She's messed with your head that bad you're doing this to me," she mumbled.

***
Lexi was sitting in the staffroom. She looked up as Leigh walked in. "Max called me. He told me what happened. He's with Esmè. I'm here with you," she said.

Lexi broke down crying in her arms. Leigh held her close. "Listen it's okay. I can help you with money. I have a lot of Esmè's stuff you can have. It's going to be okay."

Lexi sighed. "That's not the point Leigh. He shouldn't have done it. The fact he met this girl behind my back. If he told me I would have supported him," she said.

Leigh held her close and smiled. "I know you're hurting. But it's going to be okay," she said.

***
Lexi walked back into the house. Tom was there. He sighed. "I've given her the money. I know you hate me. But it was for the best," he said.

Lexi shrugged. "I'm going to stay with Leigh for a couple of days. It's for the best."

Tom sighed. "Can we fix this?"

"I honestly don't know. I'm sorry," Lexi said as she turned and walked off.

But was this really the end of them?