16🧡

Lexi couldn't help but worry that Tom had been cheating on her. Her head felt like a mess. She didn't know why she thought it. But she didn't want to. She wanted to make them work without her paranoid thoughts getting in the way.

When she woke that morning, she saw Tom wasn't in bed. She grabbed her dressing gown and went downstairs. Tom was there. "Morning."

"Hey."

Lexi sat down next to him and smiled. "Are we okay? Like we're not having issues I don't know about?" Lexi asked.

Tom shook his head and smiled. "No. Course not. Why do you think?"

"I don't know. It must be baby brain. But I love you."

"I love you too. You silly sausage."

***
Lexi went into work. She saw Leigh arguing with Max. She walked over. "Can you not be a jerk today?" Lexi asked.

Max rolled his eyes and glared. "She is refusing to let me have access to my daughter. And I'm not having it. That is my child. And I won't be cut out," he said.

Lexi scoffed. "You're a jerk. You haven't bothered with Leigh since she came back. Telling her you'll give her money for the baby is a crap act Max. And you know it," she told him.

"I don't have to explain myself to my sister. Who's relationship is much more dysfunctional than mine," Max said as he walked off.

Leigh sighed as she looked to Lexi. "Thanks. I only came to talk to you. He dragged me out my car and then yelled at me till you came."

Lexi shook her head. "He's an asshole. Listen, do you think you could stick around? I need to talk to you," she said.

"Yeah sure."

"Thank you."

***
Tom walked into Lexi's classroom. He kissed her. "Max is in the staffroom. He's ranting about how you've been interfering in his relationship with Leigh."

Lexi scoffed. She looked to him. "He's an ass. He's been a jackass so much the last few days."

"He'll be fine. He's just not happy he's been cut out his baby's life," Tom said.

Lexi rolled her eyes. "That's not it at all. And you know it's. He's an ass."

"I don't like him much. But give him a break."

"Fine."

***
Lexi went to meet up with Leigh. She saw her sitting in a cafe. "I think Tom is cheating on me. He's been so distant. And when I talk to him, he tells me I'm not. And I don't know why."

Leigh frowned. "You and Tom are perfect though. You're literal goals."

Lexi rolled her eyes and sighed. "I doubt it. I just feel like we're falling apart and I don't want that."

"It'll be okay. Just confront Tom tonight. See what he does. See his mannerisms. But don't let him get away with cheating on you babes. Okay?"

"Okay."

***
Lexi went back home. Tom was there. She sighed. "What's going on? We're falling apart and I don't like it. I don't like how it seems that you're hiding something from me."

"I'm not hiding anything babe. Just trust me," Tom said.

Lexi looked to him and nodded. But could she trust him at all? Or was he lying to her?