CHAPTER 8

Joon Woo immersed himself in his laptop, diligently scrutinizing files, when his mobile disrupted the quiet with a persistent ring. "Hello, Jang Joon Woo speaking," he answered, his attention immediately seized by the voice on the other end – Mr. Kim from P&K Pinnacle Elegance. "Mr. Jang, I'd like to get an update on the status of the designs for our upcoming fashion show," Mr. Kim inquired, abruptly halting Joon Woo's workflow. In response, Joon Woo maintained his professional composure, "Mr. Kim, I've already sent the final designs, and the contract has been signed." However, Mr. Kim had different expectations. "Mr. Jang, didn't Mr. Han-Seo inform you that the contract was temporary, and we were anticipating superior designs?" Taehyung's unexpected revelation caught Joon Woo off guard. 

Suppressing his surprise and frustration, Joon Woo responded calmly, "Mr. Kim, I believed the initial designs met your satisfaction." "Mr. Jang, we don't operate on beliefs and assumptions. Frankly, it seems like you're not taking this deal seriously. I'm considering giving it to Smith's; at least they are eager to work with us," Taehyung declared, leaving Joon Woo taken aback. Attempting to salvage the situation, Joon Woo pleaded, "Mr. Kim, I apologize. I will provide the revised designs promptly. Please grant me the opportunity." Taehyung remained unyielding, "How about today? Are you free for a meeting? Mr. Park, the chairman, may join us. This is your last chance." Realizing the urgency, Joon Woo tried to reason, "But Mr. Kim, I only learned about this today. Meeting such a tight deadline is challenging." Taehyung remained firm, "That's your problem, Mr. Jang. I can't do anything about it. The meeting is today. Make it count." With that, Taehyung abruptly ended the call, leaving Joon Woo simmering with frustration. 

Joon Woo stormed out of his office, striding purposefully towards Y/N's office. "Y/N, where's Hae-Seo?" he demanded as he entered her workspace, the force of his voice causing Y/N to startle at the sudden intrusion. "Mr. Jang, Mr. Han-Seo is in the design room," she replied in a hushed tone. "Get him to my office now." he ordered, turning on his heel and marching back to his office. The air crackled with a sense of urgency as he left, leaving Y/N to quickly make the necessary calls.

AT TAEHYUNG'S COMPANY;

Following their conversation with Joon Woo, Tae, accompanied by Jungkook, Jin, and Namjoon, turned their collective gaze towards Jimin, who sat there quietly absorbing the exchange. "Jimin, are you truly planning to join us for the meeting?" Tae questioned. "Hmm, not just me, Jin hyung too," Jimin responded, injecting an air of mystery into the discussion. Jin, seeking clarity, asked, "Jimin, what exactly is my role in all of this?" "Hyung, temptation," Jimin replied, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. Tae, now intrigued, questioned, "What do you mean by that?" "Jimin is suggesting that with the three of us present, Joon Woo will grasp the extent of Jimin's diverse business ventures. It'll likely push him towards collaborating with us in various fields. You know, when money talks, nobody cares about grammar. Joon Woo will be more inclined to align with whatever proposals Jimin puts forth," Hoseok explained, contributing to the conversation. Suga, who had been quietly observing, nodded in agreement. Jin, now understanding the strategy, remarked, "So, you mean we want to exploit his eagerness to make more money." Jimin smirked, saying, "When a man is eager for money, he will make mistakes. Joon Woo is such a man."  

AT JOON WOO'S COMPANY;

Han-Seo's POV;

Upon receiving a call from Y/N informing me of Joon Woo's request for a meeting, I hurriedly made my way to his office. Just as I was about to enter, a hand on my shoulder brought me to a sudden stop. I turned to find Lee Young standing there, his unexpected presence adding to my confusion. "Lee, what brings you here?" I questioned, puzzled by his sudden appearance. "Y/N called me too. She mentioned that Joon Woo was angry and thought it best for me to stay with you," Lee Young explained, making me feel a twinge of shame. It struck me that Y/N was considering my well-being when I had been nothing more than a timid friend to her. Lee Young offered a reassuring pat on my back before knocking on the door. "COME IN," a growl echoed from the other side. I took a deep breath and entered, only to find the office strewn with files scattered haphazardly on the floor.