Lycanphropy

Scott, Stiles and Rose have just crossed the creek in the nature preserve as they attempt to find both the top half of the body Scott and Rose found the night before as well as the inhaler he dropped in the process. The two boys are talking about the day's practice and Rose contemplates whether she should get new friends or not, as their feet get wet in the water.

Scott: I-I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I-I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things.

Stiles: Smell things? Like what?

Scott: Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket. And the strawberry lipstick Rose has on.

Stiles makes a face as though he thinks Scott is crazy.

Stiles: I don't even have any mint mojito--

Stiles checks the inner breast pocket of his blazer and finds, much to his surprise, that there is a single piece of folded-up mint mojito gum, just as Scott sensed. While Rose pulls out a strawberry lipstick from her pocket and shows Stiles that Scott was right.

Scott raises both of his arms to the side as if to say, "I told you so." Stiles considers this for a moment before he continues.

Stiles: So all this started with the bite?

Stiles seems to find this intriguing, while Scott, ever the nurse's son, is concerned that something is wrong with him.

Scott: What if it's like an infection? Like, my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?

Stiles gets a small smirk on his face before trying to make himself look as serious as possible, which Scott, who is walking in front of him, doesn't catch. Rose looks at him confused, seeing the look on his face that makes her want to punch it.

Stiles: You know what? I actually think I've heard of this-- it's a specific kind of infection.

Scott: Are you serious?

Stiles: Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy.

Scott, still not realizing that Stiles is messing with him, starts to panic. Rose looks between the two and completely ignores the buffoons she calls her best friends and continues on, leading the way.

Scott: What's that? Is that bad?

Stiles: Oh, yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month.

Scott: Once a month?

Stiles: Mm-hmm. On the night of the full moon. Aroooo!

Stiles fake-howls like a wolf, and Scott, annoyed, shoves him away, causing Stiles to giggle in amusement.

Dean and Sam both look at Rose wondering if what Stiles said on the screen is true. She looks at them and nods towards the screen while whispering to them, "I'll tell you later. Though it'll probably show it."

Dean and Sam look at each other before they all look back at the screen and continue watching. Rose looks back at John and can see he glaring at her and Scott. She gulps and can only hope he doesn't do anything. She turns back to the screen and holds Dereks hand for comfort. Derek looks at her and kisses her forehead making her smile a little as they continue watching.

Stiles: Hey, you're the one who heard a wolf howling!

Scott: Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me!