Another Room

I had made myself a bit of armour with some sheets of iron I made. Nothing much, just enough to protect my vital organs.

In addition, I made a shield that I would attach to my arm. I also made a few healing potions using the Hilup flower petals. They were of crude quality, being just petals boiled in water, but they can at least help me regain my stamina if drunk, and remove scars or heal small cuts if applied directly. (As I've said, risk taking isn't a skill of mine)

I felt prepared enough so I looked at the map wall I made and looked at the places where monsters have a chance to appear. I then ran to those places.

I used Air Boost to speed myself up and also reduce the sound of my footsteps, obviously not completely. (I'm not that good at wind magic)

I found a few monsters that were in groups, but it took a while to find one by themselves. But I eventually did. This time I didn't feel the fear I felt before, which gave me some confidence. (Even the little things count, okay?)

Since the point was to get experience, not to kill; instead of ambushing the monster, I stood in front of it. (Okay maybe i am kinda reckless)

It grabbed its weapon, a long sword. I looked closely at the way the monster held its blade, swinging downwards from above its head. I casted Body Enhancement and used the dagger to block the swing, then pushed the monster's sword away from me as I moved left. I'm actually doing kinda good so far!

I was about to stab the monster, but it quickly pulled its blade in my direction. I jumped backwards to avoid the attack, and leapt back in as the monster's sword swung past to get a hit in.

I succeeded, though my dagger barely caused a scratch on the monster's armour, even with Body Enhancement focused on my arms. Tch.

I leapt back quickly to avoid the monster's punch, which seemed too fast for the speed it was swinging its sword at. But as I was getting my bearings at a distance from the monster, a chill ran down my spine.

I jumped upwards, and my left foot got a bit burned.

A second monster came, holding a staff. What hit my legs and passed by was a fireball.

The situation had gotten dangerous.

I couldn't even scratch the armour of these monsters, and now there were two of them. Even worse, one can attack from a distance.

I immediately casted Barrier to block a lightning bolt that came from the staff user, then shrunk the barrier and put it diagonally in front of the other monster to redirect its sword into the ground. I leaped off of the sword stuck in the ground towards the staff user as I was casting Heat Gather on my dagger, and I slashed its staff into two.

I thought that a stab to its guts would be the end of it, but to my dismay, the monster had already completed another spell just before its staff broke, which seemed to be making a strong gust of wind.

I somehow used Air Boost to push myself to the side, then used Mana Sensing to get a layout of the surrounding area whilst still looking at the monsters.

For some reason, I felt a hole somewhere, but as I glanced at the place I sensed it, there was nothing. (Reminds me of something...)

I used Parallel Thinking to continue to dodge the monsters' attacks as I wondered about the hole. I came to two realisations, one from my conscience that was dodging.

Firstly, that the hole I could sense but not see was probably similar to the room I found that let me learn magic. (Knew it was familiar)

I stopped using Parallel Thinking and used Body Enhancement on my legs to leap towards the sensed hole, and I fell through the ground. It was dark but I quickly checked the bit of floor (Well now ceiling) that I fell through.