Choose Between Them

The morning sun illuminated Katherine's face as she stretched, yawning away sleep. Slowly rising from the bed, she rubbed her eyes and sat up, feeling a slight soreness. Glancing beside her, she noticed the absence of Alpha Riccardo.

"I hope he's not upset with me," she murmured, getting out of bed and slipping on fluffy slippers before heading to the bathroom. Catching her reflection in the mirror, a smile played on her lips—transformed from an unwanted omega slave to the Luna of a powerful pack.

After washing up, she donned a simple black gown. Stepping out, she found two maids at the entrance, heads bowed.

"Good morning, Luna. Breakfast is served," one maid announced, and Katherine nodded, inquiring about Alpha Luciano’s whereabouts.

"He has already left for work, Luna," came the response. Nervously biting her fingernails, Katherine followed the maids to the dining table. Her jaw dropped at the sight of a lavish spread.

"Is someone else joining me?" she asked in surprise.

"Not at all, Luna." the maid replied.

"Seems a bit excessive, a waste of food," she muttered, cutting into the chicken breast. After a taste, she smiled, "This is delightful."

Completing her breakfast, Katherine strolled around the pack house premises, surveying the surroundings.

“Milady!" Esther bowed her head as one of Alpha Luciano's concubines came in.

As Alpha Luciano’s first concubine, known as the First Lady, she addressed Katherine with a cold tone, "You must be the omega who sold herself to Alpha Lucinao." Katherine lowered her gaze under the scrutiny.

"Luna, this is the First Lady," Esther introduced.

"Just to make things clear to you," the First Lady stepped closer, her voice cutting. "I don't like you, and I won't rest until you're dragged out of this pack. Low life." She withdrew, offering a fake smile.

"I'm sorry, but I have no intention of leaving anytime soon," Katherine asserted, holding her head high. She refused to let others perceive her as weak and became a target for bullying.

“I'm here by Alpha Lucinao’s choice, and I won't let anyone dictate my place in this pack," she declared with a calm voice.

The First Lady scoffed dismissively, "You can play the defiant omega all you want, but you won't last long here. Know your place." With that, she turned on her heel and walked away, leaving.

As the First Lady departed, the surrounding maids exchanged subtle glances, acknowledging the tension in the air. Katherine took a deep breath and turned to face the maids.

"Ignore her, Luna. She's always been like that," one of the maids whispered to Katherine, offering a reassuring smile.