Her Escape

"Are you on your way somewhere?" Alpha Luciano inquired, causing Katherine to freeze while clutching the door handle.

"I... I noticed something in my room, and it frightened me," she stammered. Beta Damien exchanged a glance with Alpha Luciano, suspecting he might reveal the truth, knowing it was one of his favorite pranks.

"Oh, it seems my soon-to-be wife doesn't acknowledge my quirks," he smirked, and Katherine swallowed hard, remembering the unsettling creature she had seen.

"I suggest you return to bed; tomorrow is a significant day, Kat!" He extinguished his cigarette in the ashtray, and she nodded in response. "Good girl," he smiled as she turned to leave for her room.

Upon reaching her room, Katherine sighed, contemplating whether she was truly prepared to spend her life there.

"I must escape; I cannot marry him. He's a monster," she murmured, sitting on the bed, biting her fingernails as fear and curiosity consumed her.

Nestled in bed, despite her drowsiness, she resisted closing her eyes until daybreak. As the door quietly creaked open, three maids entered her room.

“Luna, wake up,” one maid whispered, while the others hissed disapproval.

“Why call her Luna? I heard she's an omega. Can't fathom what Alpha Lucinao sees in her,” scoffed the second maid.

“Hush, she might hear you,” the youngest interjected, tapping Katherine gently.

“Leave me be,” Katherine mumbled, turning away in her sleep.

“Luna, it's time for your bath,” the maid urged, but Katherine yawned and turned to the other side.

“Luna!” the other maid exclaimed, causing Katherine to jolt awake.

“What? Who are you?” Katherine recoiled, fear evident in her eyes as she tried to shield herself.

“Good morning, Luna. We're here to assist you—bath and dress you up,” the maids explained.

“Oh, but I don't need all three of you; one is sufficient,” Katherine replied.

“But...” the youngest maid began, earning a stern glare from the middle maid.

“Fine, let's go,” the middle maid said, ushering the youngest out of the room.

"By the way, why do you persist in addressing me as Luna?" Katherine inquired, slipping into her slippers as the maid guided her into the bathroom.

"In a few minutes, you shall become our Luna, and I am obliged to show you the same respect I extend to Alpha Luciano," the maid replied.

"What is your name then?" Katherine asked as the maid began to undress her.