Second Chance

The morning sun painted the room with a warm glow, but the atmosphere within was anything but serene. Katherine, still reeling from the events of the previous night, found herself facing the wrath of Alpha Klaus. His cold, calculating eyes bore into her, and the air in the room felt thick with tension.

Alpha Klaus's voice cut through the silence, icy and merciless. "Explain yourself, Katherine."

Trembling, Katherine stuttered, "I-I don't know what you mean."

His gaze intensified, and he raised an eyebrow. "Don't play games with me. You will regret it."

"I-I don't know who it was," she stammered, avoiding eye contact.

Alpha Klaus, known for his ruthlessness, grabbed her chin, forcing her to look into his piercing eyes. "You dare lie to me, Katherine?"

"I'm not lying," she insisted, fear evident in her voice.

A dark chuckle escaped his lips. "I have ways of finding out the truth, and you won't like the consequences if you've been unfaithful."

Katherine's mind raced, realizing the gravity of the situation. "I swear, I don't know who it was."

Alpha Klaus released her, pacing the room with a predatory aura. "You're either incredibly foolish or incredibly cunning. But mark my words, Katherine, I will uncover the truth."

Attempting to divert attention, Katherine hesitated before saying, "I-I can't remember much. It's all a blur."

The room went silent, the tension escalating. Alpha Klaus's eyes narrowed, his expression turning lethal. "You expect me to believe that?"

"I-I was drugged or something. I don't know," she stammered.

Alpha Klaus's face contorted with rage, and he slammed his fist onto a nearby table. "You're trying my patience, Katherine."

In a desperate attempt to protect herself, Katherine continued her denials. "I-I swear, Alpha Klaus, I don't know who it was. It's all a haze."

Alpha Klaus's eyes flashed, and he leaned in, his voice a menacing whisper. "You're playing a dangerous game, Katherine. I suggest you start telling the truth before the consequences become unbearable."

For a moment, a heavy silence enveloped the room, punctuated by Alpha Klaus's intense stare fixed on Katherine, who shivered in fear, apprehensive that this might be her last day on earth.

“How bold of you,” he scoffed, forcibly pulling her from her bed and delivering a harsh slap to her cheek. “You shameless whore!” His spit landed on her face, and she lowered her gaze, tears threatening to escape.

“Who was it? Answer me!” he barked, and she hesitated, contemplating whether to speak as Alpha Luciano posed a renewed threat to their pack.

“I... I can't remember,” she stuttered, earning a scoff from him. He stepped back, nodding with a smirk.

Exiting her room, Katherine hastily donned a dress, cursing her lapse in judgement that led to someone other than Alpha Klaus entering her life intimately.

Soon, the door forcefully swung open, revealing Alpha Klaus and his guards.

“Take her away!” he ordered. Before Katherine could utter a word, she was brutally dragged out of her room.

“No, no, please…” she cried as the guards pushed her outside, drawing the attention of the pack members.

“What has that idiot done again?” Victoria rolled her eyes, emerging from her apartment.