Chapter 10: Accidental encounter

Start from the beginning

"Where were you anyways, i heard your voice, couldn't see you" Celestia asked, "wait -is it true you have an invisibility cloak? Snape once let it slip in our common room but I thought he was joking"

Harry showed her a shimmering cloak in his hand.

Celestia tried not to look impressed.

"I never knew there was a passageway in there. Where does it lead to? On the map, it doesn't show the exit," Potter said as soon as she got down on her feet.

"It leads nowhere. Draco and I tried walking in, but we kept walking for hours and then we came back to the same portrait," Celestia explained. "There is no exit; my dad found it in his Hogwarts days."

"Oh," Potter said, staring at her neck. "Thanks, I guess," he continued, for hiding the egg. "Although you could have taken the map too."

"The parchment?" Celestia asked. "It's a map?"

Harry looked away, as if he wasn't supposed to disclose that. "Yeah," he confirmed. "I'll appreciate it if you kept it a secret; that map was created by my dad and his friends," he explained, somewhat proudly.

"Okay," Celestia said awkwardly. "Can you show me the map?"

"Can't," said Potter shortly, staring at the closed portrait of a sleeping cat. "Moody took it."

Celestia frowned. "Why? What are you doing here at this time anyway? It isn't the way to the Gryffindor tower; this staircase leads to dungeons."

Harry now was looking at her, staring into her eyes. Celestia could have sworn her heart skipped a bit. "I saw someone who is not supposed to be in the school - on the map - I wanted to check it out," he explained, hesitation evident in his voice.

"What! You saw someone on the map? It shows people?"

"Yeah?"

"And you gave it away to a professor? Who happens to be lurking around in the same place? Are you stupid or what?" Celestia exclaimed in a whisper. "That's stupidity."

Celestia had expected him to argue, but he didn't say anything. He just shrugged. "Moody saved me from Filch, helped a lot with the first task; he's a good person."

Celestia understood that Harry Potter was too trusting, too naive. She nodded her head in farewell, turned the other way to leave.

"Wait-" he called.

Celestia froze in midstep.

"Are you avoiding me?" Potter asked, embarrassed. When Celestia didn't answer, he continued, "I couldn't help but notice you always avoid me in classes, and I never see you in corridors like before."

"Why do you want to see me?" Celestia challenged.

"Well... After what happened, I thought - nevermind, goodnight," Potter said, turning around. When Celestia grabbed his arm suddenly to stop him, she grabbed him by the back of his neck gently and brought her lips to his.

As Celestia's lips met Potter's, a rush of heat enveloped them, sending shivers down their spines. The air around them seemed to crackle with electricity as they lingered in the embrace, Celestia's hand sliding from his neck to tangle in his hair, pulling him closer. The soft glow of the staircase's sconces cast a warm, romantic hue over the scene, accentuating their intertwined figures against the shadowy backdrop of the hallway.

Potter's initial surprise melted away, replaced by a deepening hunger as he responded to Celestia's kiss with equal fervor, his arms wrapping around her waist, pulling her tightly against him. Their bodies pressed together, igniting a fiery passion that seemed to consume them both.

Breaking the kiss only momentarily, Celestia whispered huskily, "I couldn't let you go without doing this." Her breath was warm against his skin, sending a shiver of anticipation down his spine.

Potter's response was a low, guttural growl as he reclaimed her lips hungrily, his hands roaming over her back, tracing the curves of her body with a desperate need. Their kisses grew deeper, more urgent, each touch fueling the flames of desire burning between them.

Lost in the moment, they moved together as if in a dance, their bodies pressed tightly against each other as they sought to satisfy the craving that had ignited between them. Time seemed to stand still as they surrendered to the passion that consumed them, their kisses growing more fervent with each passing moment.

Finally, breathless and flushed with desire, they pulled apart, their eyes meeting in silent understanding. With a shared glance, they knew that this was only the beginning of a forbidden romance that would consume them both. And as they stood there on the staircase, bathed in the soft glow of the sconces, they knew that they would risk everything to be together.