"It's okay, Manisha. I can understand. He got a better brother-in-law than he expected or deserved, that's why he can't take it in. Not your fault, brother." Rian threw a comment at bhai and folded his legs on one another and leaned on the sofa backwards.

"Huh, sure. Also, what's with you staying here? Hotel room book karne ke paise khatam ho gye to main de deta hun, idhar yeh mera ghar hai tumhara nani ghar nhi ki jab dil chaha muh utha ke aa gye." Bhai taunted him but I don't think Rian understood anything.

(If you don't have the money to book a hotel room, lemme do it for you. This is my house, not your grandma's home where you can come and stay anytime you want.)

"Bhai, that is rude. Please, stop." I responded before Rian could say a word. This was not fair to him. Bhai is being mean for no reason.

"Exactly, Aksh. You cannot say something like that. Apologies." Bhabhi said in a no nonsense tone and bhai looked at her softly.

"I am sorry." He apologised to Rian and then looked back at bhabhi with soft eyes.

"Well, I didn't understand a thing you said so I was not offended anyways, but being the great man I am, I forgive you, Ekaksh." Rian said and all of us chuckled.

We talked for some more time and then left for our rooms because it was almost midnight. I wished everyone and entered my room. Before I could close the door, a hand stopped it. I looked up to find Rian standing out. I immediately pulled him in and kissed him. It's been days since we spent some time together, alone because the guest room he was staying in is on the opposite side of my room. So, meeting on the balcony was also not an option for us.

He pinned me against the door softly and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair. The feeling of having him this close to myself after so long felt so good. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me up. My legs curled around his torso and our lips stayed connected, working on their own. The kiss wasn't furious or intense. It was soft and passionate. This kiss was full of longing. It was more of a need than a want for both of us.

I finally broke the kiss at loss of air and looked in his eyes which held the same emotions as mine. Emotions of love, wait and relief. I pulled him in a hug and rested my chin on his shoulders. We stayed silently in that position for some time.

"Finally, I am home." Rian broke the silence and a smile immediately appeared on my lips.

I looked into his eyes and kissed them. I kissed his nose, his cheek, his forehead, his lips, his ears, his neck and his entire face. I can't help myself after staying away from him for this long.

"Finally, my home is here." I said, looking in his eyes.

"You missed me this much?" Rian asked me as he caressed my hair.

"You can't even imagine, I was desperate." I replied, trying to drink in every feature of his face.

"Is something wrong, baby?" He asked me with worry in his eyes. How can he read me so easily?

"Nothing much. I am having some negative thoughts in my heart. I have not been able to sleep for the past few days because of nightmares......." I tried to control my tears, "Rian, everything will be alright, na?" I asked him slowly.

"You trust me, Dove?"

"More than I thought I am capable of."

"Then trust me, everything will be alright. Nothing can go wrong when you are by my side." He whispered and caressed my cheek and hair.

"Let's go to sleep." Rian spoke and carried me to the bed. He laid me down and joined my side.

I cuddled into him, finding comfort in his arms.