Seven

❥ 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄, everybody was pretty tired, with the exception of Xander. But all throughout, I couldn't stop thinking about the clue me and Jameson had found.

Her name is power. ESR.

It was late, and I couldn't stop myself from raiding the fridge in the kitchen. Oren had gone out into town to fill the fridge with enough food for the night, but I had requested some snacks of my own.

The soft pattering of footsteps pulled my eyes away from the clues in front of me, only to be met with Grayson Hawthorne. "Still awake?"

"You're not wearing a suit anymore," I pointed out, a smile threatening its way onto my face. "That's new."

"I don't wear suits to bed," Grayson looked half offended. "Just during the day, it's very impressionable."

This man.

"Feel like going outside?" Grayson suggested.

I stared at him blankly. "You do realize it's like, cold out? I don't feel like freezing my ass off." For somebody who claimed to be the heir apparent, he wasn't bright at times.

At times.

"There is the hot tub." The words came out of Graysons mouth like a proposal, not a question. I looked down at my reindeer pajama pants and the 'I EAT MORNING PEOPLE' shirt I stole from Libby, and I contemplated my life choices.

"In this?"

Grayson shrugged. "You could probably change."

"And you?" I gestured towards his bedtime outfit. Gray sweatpants and a navy T-shirt was a good look on him. He looked so normal.

"I have swim trunks under my sweatpants," Graysons face contorted into something uncomfortable and foreign to me. "I was planning to go out there either way."

"I have spandex on under my pants, it's no big deal," that was the closest I was going to give Grayson Davenport Hawthorne to a yes, and without another word he slid the door open.

My feet had just hit the ground filled with snow when I was met with Jameson and Avery.. making out. In the hot tub.

Wow.

"What are you waiting for—" Grayson paused when he noticed my blatant staring, and he fixed his gaze to where I was looking. The shock I was feeling must have been mutual because when I turned to look at Grayson, his mouth was hung open.

"I can't say this was unexpected." Grayson blurted out.

Avery and Jameson both snapped their heads towards us, and before anyone could speak there was a flash— and a sound.

The sound of a camera.

Oren was sharp with his movements, quickly running to Avery and ushering her out of the pool.

Grayson wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pushed me inside. It was all happening so fast, but what I hated more was that part of me had let my mind wander to what might of happened if me and Grayson had that hot tub alone.

And it scared me. It terrified me. Because I never knew I could want something— someone so much. But I needed to remind myself that Grayson wanted Evangeline— the girl he knew before. I'm Evelyn. Not Emily. Not Evangeline.

I walked away, but now I just feel closer to him than ever.

"That was one exhilarating trip," Thea said, her hands barely grazing Rebecca's. "We figured out nothing."

"That is not true." Rebecca gave Thea a pointed look.

"Well, I for one think we found out lots," Jameson wiggled his eyebrows at me. "Wouldn't you agree?"

Every pair of eyes in the room fixated on me, and crimson red seeped into my cheeks. Damn Jameson and his annoyingness.

But then I loved it, because whenever I talked to one of the Hawthorne Brothers (with the exception of Grayson) there was this warm and familiar feeling that buzzed inside of me. Why didn't I have my memories? No idea. But I hadn't planned on getting used to this— the familiar feeling of family.

Even Grayson was starting to feel like home. In his own way.

My focus on Grant Ruth— my father— was becoming harder by the day. He's my family, but these people?

They're starting to feel more like family everyday.

a/n:

ik im killing yall but next chapter is the interview chapter :0 so that's exciting. also.. i may or may not be starting a Jameson fanfic bc while I love my baby Gray, Jamie deserves more love on wattpad. ALSO LYRA AKA PHONE GIRL HAS A POV IN TGG?? AND GRAYSON IS A MAIN CHARACTER?!? fjdkdkska anyways this was a filler chapter !!

okay bye now!!