Twelve

Song:
❥ 𝐈 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

❥ Grayson led me into one of the bathrooms down the hall. I was in too much of a daze to comprehend anything right now, so Grayson had to quite literally drag me to the bathroom.

Once he shut the door, I looked up in the mirror and saw red marks littered on my neck. More reminders of what he's done to me.

"So much for just pushing you." Grayson murmured, turning the sink on to wash the blood off his hands. The water turned a light red.

I met Graysons eyes in the mirror, and he flinched. "What is it?"

"Your hair— Emily." The words spilled from his mouth like poison. "Did you do that?"

"No. It was—" Thea. Oh my gosh. "I didn't know—"

"Thea and her games. It's not your fault." Graysons expression remained still, but the cracks of his armor were showing. I wanted to reach out to him and touch his face, tell him it's okay, but it was clear the conversation was done.

Hesitantly, I touched my neck. I winced.

"Don't do that." Grayson turned off the sink, directing his attention towards me. "You'll make it worse."

"It's not going to get any better." I said. "It never will, not when he's here."

Graysons eyes shifted to something.. sad. I hadn't meant to be such a downer but there was nothing to be happy about. How much more fucking violence would there be?

Turning back to the sink, I let the tears fall from my face. I shook my head rapidly. I shouldn't be here. I don't even know who I am— what i'm doing with my life. All I know is i've been sucked into Tobias Hawthorne's game and I want out, and—

"Breathe." Grayson placed his hands on my face, soothing me. "I'm here."

Nodding, I leaned into him. When I first met Grayson Hawthorne, I never expected him to be this warm. His scent— his whole demeanor felt like home. Even though I had only known him for three weeks, something about him was so familiar.

It's like there's something about him I can't recall, but have always loved.

"I am not going on these dumb monkey bars." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Come on, Eva. Please?" Jameson smirked, tumbling down the slide. Classic J.

"I won't let you fall." Grayson Hawthorne may only be eight years old, but I could tell he would be a protective one when we were older.

I neared closer to the edge, hesitantly. "Are you sure? I don't—"

"Watch out!"

Jameson collided into Grayson, whose hand hit me in the face. My legs fumbled and before I knew it I was colliding with a pole.

"Eva. Oh my gosh—"

There were voices, but everything was really far away. My only thought was: am I going to die?

"Evelyn, what is this?" I snapped back to reality at the sound of Graysons voice. He had a piece of paper in his hand. Tobias letter.

Xander's words flashed through my head. Don't tell anyone. Especially Grayson.

"Grayson, don't—"

"What the fuck is this?" Graysons hand shook as he looked at the letter. His mind was working in all sorts of ways, and not for the first time, I was speechless.