Five

(I'm so mad at wattpad for not letting me upload the background picks smh)

❥ I've never had this many clothes before in my entire life. Both Avery and I have separate rooms with unique clothes. A couple of days ago I was living out of my car and now I was debating which outfit to wear.

Oren and Alisa may not be my lawyers or bodyguards, but it's their responsibility to protect me and Libby as well, especially because I have to live in Hawthorne House for a year with Avery.

That being said, I haven't heard anything from Matthew. I haven't even gotten to thank Grayson for helping me in the garden. I should've done it in the library, but I gathered he wasn't the emotional type. Maybe.

Dinner was in the Hawthorne Dining room, and I gathered some new faces. Thea, who Avery had a conversation with earlier mentioning she was a total and utter bitch. She was also Emily's best friend.

Who the fuck was this Emily chick?

"Where have you been?" Avery slides into the seat next to me, checking her surroundings. "I've been looking for you."

"I could say the same thing," She furrowed her eye brows at me. "Starts with a Jame, ends with a son."

Her cheeks reddened, "It's not what you think."

"Only a couple of days and you girls have the Hawthorne's wrapped around your fingers." The voice comes from behind me and I snap my head around. Brown hair, witty. She had to be Thea.

"Are you—"

"Thea. And you two are the Hawthorne-stealing- fortune girls." Thea looks at Avery, "Well, at least you." Then back at me, "I think you just piss Grayson off."

Grayson. Where was he?

"Well, let's not waste any more time now." Thea smirks and makes her way over to the other end of the table. Grayson then appears with Jameson and they sit across from me and Avery.

Me and Grayson haven't talked since the library, but a plan was established. We don't have to like each other to play Tobias Hawthorne's game.

"I think this is a momentous occasion," Skye Hawthorne begins, "I mean, we have so many new faces at Hawthorne House." All the attention directs to me and Avery, and a crimson red sinks into my cheeks.

Graysons eyes meet mine, and I'm lost in the blonde hair and silver eyes looking at me.

Get out of my head.

"I wouldn't really call it—"

"Enough." Skye cuts Zara off.

"Well, I for one am so happy you guys have arrived." Thea stands up, raising her glass and I know nothing good can come out of this. I eye Avery suspiciously and then look back at Thea. "I mean, Em would be proud."

"Don't you mention her." Grayson snaps, standing up at the mention of her name.

"What?" An innocent smirk lingered on Thea's face. "Somebody had to take over her role. And from the looks of it—" She looks over at me and Avery, "I think they've got that covered."

"This is completely inappropriate." Mrs. Laughlin cuts in, attempting to defuse the so obvious tension in the room. Emily was important to her too. Emily seemed like she was everything.

Avery leans close to me, "We need to talk."

All I can do is nod, "Yeah, we do."

Rebecca, the silent Laughlin was already leaving the table at the mention of Emily's name. Grayson was looking at the floor and Thea has a smug look on her face.