Chapter 17-Sheldon's Raging Hormones

Knock, knock ,knock. 'Penny.'

Penny's stomach fluttered nervously, her hand poised on the doorknob as she waited for Sheldon to finish his usual knocking routine.

Knock, knock ,knock. 'Penny.'

"hey, Sheldon." Penny opened the door. "What brings you here?"

"It's Wednesday night." Sheldon said, as if it explained everything. He sighed deeply as he looked at her clueless expression. "Drama class?"

"Oh right! Give me a moment to change. Uh, come on in and take a seat." Penny quickly gathered up her stash of Cosmopolitan and Vogue magazines, placing them hastily under the coffee table.

Sheldon sat down slowly on her couch. Too warm, he thought, shifting to his left. Not a good view of the TV, he mused, sliding over to the right. This'll do, Sheldon shrugged. He started to rifle through his sling bag, searching for the papers Penny had to sign as part of her involvement in the lab incident. What if she bursts into tears? Sheldon shuddered. He could never understand public displays of emotions. Even when he himself was down in the dumps, his coping mechanism was to delve into a fictional world of superheroes and villains, never anything like crying. He found a chocolate candy at the bottom of the bag and decided it would do to appease her.

"Alright, Sheldon." Penny emerged from her room in a simple yet flattering sundress which accentuated her curves perfectly. Sheldon swallowed and felt something stir in his pants. He quickly clenched his thighs together and tried to mask his escalating sense of mortification. "We've still got quite some time, actually."

"yeah, we do." Sheldon nodded a little too vigorously. "Well, actually, I have something for you to sign."

"Oh?" Penny peered at the papers, leaning forwards. Sheldon caught a peek of her cleavage and had to hold back a gasp as the strange feeling in his pants intensified.

"Yes, please read it carefully. Excuse me, I have to use the bathroom." Sheldon scurried off. What was happening to him? He remembered his mother's words: Things are going to feel different as you grow up, Shelly, she'd said affectionately. It's completely normal, nothing to be ashamed of. But of course, do pray that God will help you to resist all temptations.

Sheldon washed his face at least thrice and gripped the edge of the sink tightly, staring at his reflection as an endless stream of thoughts dominated his mind. They weren't even a couple. They had merely exchanged a few drunken, meaningless kisses that one time. It suddenly occurred to him that he'd actually been thinking a lot about her even when he was still dating Amy. I'm such a jerk for cheating on Amy, Sheldon thought morosely. And I'd thought I would never be one of those guys.

"Sheldon? You ok sweetie?" Penny called out, bristling when she realised she'd called him 'sweetie'. She said it to everyone really, but saying it to Sheldon felt like it meant something more. What are you thinking, Penny? You're dating Leonard.

I'm dating Leonard.

She blushed when she thought of her impulsive kiss with him in the lab earlier that day. Granted, their almost-date didn't go well the first time. If anything, it was really awkward and one of the worst she'd ever been on. But giving him the benefit of the doubt was perhaps one of the best decisions she'd ever made. He was just so incredibly sweet, gentle, so understanding... no guy had ever treated her like this, like a princess. How could she bear to turn him down? All this time, her prince was actually really the other guy who lived in the apartment across hers.

"I am alright, thank you." Sheldon said firmly as he stepped out. "Have you signed them?"

"Yeah. And listen, I really am sorry." Penny said sincerely. "I would do anything to make up for this stupid mistake."