Chapter 8-Shamy & Lenny ain't working out

Sheldon was looking at Keith in a completely different light now. Sure, he was nowhere near his own level of intelligence. But his genuine interest in science was making Sheldon consider keeping him as his 'disciple'... one day, when he rules his own planet, at least he'll have a predetermined court assistant.

Sheldon could tell that Amy wasn't too happy to have him spend most of the previous date night away from her, so he'd decided to make it up to her with an extra long Skype call.

'Hello, Amy. I do apologise once again for yesterday.'

'No worries, Sheldon. ' Amy said warmly. 'It is rare indeed for a young man full of potential to display so much interest in science. '

'Indeed. I may offer him an internship at Caltech once he graduates. '

'Caltech? You work there?'

'Yes indeed. It's a very acclaimed university, you know?'

Amy could barely stop grinning. 'Sheldon, just a few days ago I got an offer there to continue my experiment on nicotine-addicted monkeys. '

'Why are you hesitating? It will be great if I could see you more regularly.'

Amy blushed. 'I feel the same way. I'll say yes then. '

Sheldon's phone buzzed. He picked it up and opened a new text:

Hi Sheldon. Are you free to talk? I just broke up with Keith.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that, Penny. My opinion of him had just changed, and I really cannot be more sympathetic towards this. Now is not a convenient time for me however . May I text you back when I'm free?

Sure. Thank you.

'Who was that?' Amy asked.

'Oh, it was Penny telling me that she'd just broken up with Keith. ' Sheldon shook his head. 'I'm not surprised, her relationships usually don't last long. I do feel sorry for her, she's a nice girl, just a little naive when it comes to relationship matters.'

Amy felt a prickle of annoyance. Why was this Penny girl hanging around him so much? Sure, she'd seemed nice yesterday. But there was something behind that bright smile and sparkling eyes. She knew it. She was the head school cheerleader who'd come back again as a grownup woman... except now, to steal her man.

But she wasn't going to give in meekly. Amy Farrah Fowler was tougher now.

'I've seen the way your friend Leonard looks at her. Maybe you could hook them up.' Amy said hopefully.

'That is a plausible solution to her current predicament and could potentially ease her emotional woes. Although, she seems to be failing to return the same affections he has for her. '

'Time is everything, Sheldon. You know how long we have to wait til we can gauge the accuracy of our theories. '

'You're right, Amy. I will set them up then. Boy, I never thought I will be a matchmaker! But who knows, I didn't foresee that I will have a very clever girlfriend either. '

'You flatter me,' Amy smiled coyly.

Penny was going to fall in love with Leonard no matter what, she would see to it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Hey Penny. ' Leonard greeted next morning when Penny went out for work.

'Morning Leonard. '

'Are you free tonight?' Leonard asked bashfully.

'Guess so. Why? '

'Want to go to dinner with me?' Leonard mumbled.

'You are asking me out on a date?' Penny enquired slowly.

A Shenny Romance (Big Bang Theory Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें