To The East, We Go

Oscar, Yue and Lievre stood under the rocky cavern, in front of a temple-like structure the former already recognized as another entrance to the Abode of Traitors.

They knew what to do, but due to the nature of the Gorge that spanned for thousands of kilometers, all magic casted will soon dissipate.

Even Yue was not that surprised when she tested out her magic. It takes more effort to keep any magic intact, making these lands a disadvantage to all magic users.

"We're going east, towards Verbergen." Oscar said, pointing at the direction he wants to go. "But that would be quite a long journey, right?"

He mentally browsed his system, then summoned a Gray Chevalier, a large demonic horse that was 10 feet tall, with flaming hooves and a hardened gaze. It seems like it will travel for longer periods of time.

Once he summoned it, he immediately hopped to its back.

Then, he lend a hand towards Yue, pulling her up, before pulling his maid to let them sit on the back of the horse.

The vampire queen thought of it as quite admirable, and felt comfortable sitting in front of Oscar. She could lean back and her saviour would just let her be.

And Lievre, she also leaned forward in order to hug Oscar.

No sooner had the Gray Chevalier began sprinting once Oscar held on to the reins, its hooves creating loud clacks and rumbling the moment they hit the ground. It was accelerating at an incredible speed, going from a simple 45 km/h, to 400 km/h in under 10 minutes.

Due to having a tough iron body, further upgraded and modified by Oscar, it had no trouble going through monsters and even stepping on some without being hindered.

Leaving a trail of bloody carnage full of death, many monsters that lived to see the carnage subconsciously gained the fear of horses.

It was confident it could arrive to the specified location in under a few hours, therefore it didn't stop, until Oscar wanted to.

"Hold on, boy! We'll just have a short break, don't worry about it." Oscar yelled out, grabbing the reins to make it slow down bit by bit.

When it stopped, it neighed at its rider, as if denying something.

Oscar didn't care, but was curious enough to take out two binoculars for Yue and Lievre. Said binoculars allowed them to view an area 100 kilometers away, and asked them if they see the end of their path yet.

Even with his Artifact, he barely saw the end of the road. But for now, he pondered over what to do in order to get inside the Country of Beastmen.

After a moment, he remembered something about an artifact that was in his Storage Ring, which in fact was called the "Treasure Trove".

When he took out that certain artifact, three of it, he decided to put one on Yue, allowing a pair of cat ears and an illusory tail to appear on her body.

"Nn?"

"Oh, don't look at me like that, we're all going to need this soon enough."

He also lent Lievre one, allowing her to gain two large ears resembling a rabbit (except it was much larger than normal). And the moment it was time for him to wear it, he gained a large tail as parts of his hair gained albinism.

'.... White tiger, huh?' He shook his head and returned the artifact to his Treasure Trove (ring) 'Nah. Not doing this shit, it's kinda old.',

Without any complaints to give, Yue and Lievre kept the extra, illusory parts that gave real feel on them, and soon the Grey Chevalier was once again dashing through the path.

[ ~ Line • Break ~ ]

Earlier, at the edge of the path.....

A group of soldiers from Hoelscher Empire were arriving in the area, with the full intention of enslaving beastmen around this specific area.

They once went into the forest, but due to their targets not being there, they decided to search at the gorge, and by pure chance, they found many

"Hey, why are we even here, isn't it dangerous?" Someone asked, and his fellow soldier scoffed at him.

"We saw a large group beastmen freaks wandering this area, and it's either we capture them for a quick cash out back in the empire, or let them die and we get no money." He replied with full confidence.

"Hey, I'm not complaining, you know? There's better beastmen that will give us more money when we capture and sell them."

".... Well, this is our life now...."

It was at this moment that their supposed leader stood up and smirked.

"Boys! You know the drill, run amok and capture them all alive, better if they're women, leave the elderly and children dead, they're no use to us! Now, start the hunt!"

The soldiers jumped out the carriages one by one, spreading out as the rabbitmen knew they were coming.

"Everyone, get out and retreat to the Gorge!" One of the rabbitmen yelled out, and the rest were struck by panic.

Although they were fast, the soldiers were faster, as one leaped up and cut down an old beastman with a cruel smile.

Some rabbitmen tripped down to the ground, before they were grabbed on the leg by the soldiers, then either dragged or carried to the cage meant for them.

Aside from that, no beastman fought back or were capable of even fighting back, making them easy prey for the soldiers. Escaping seemed futile, too.

In several minutes, two and a half dozen of them were captured while another two dozen were killed, and that alone was enough for the soldiers.

Seeing as they've collected enough, and the rabbitmen that ran away were too far away now, the leader and his group of slavers stopped their activity with satisfaction.

"Alright! That's enough, we'll come back here without telling them, and the earnings will be shared throughout each of us!

Oh, and that's right.... We'll also return right here and wait until they come back exhausted."

This statement made the group roar in victory, as if they've done a great job, before deciding to leave with cheers and smiles, leaving the remaining survivors alone.

One of the survivors being light blue haired rabbit girl, who was not looking back as she ran down to the bottom of the path helplessly.

'Oh no! I thought they'd be here, but I saw them coming this way using my skill!' The girl said inside her mind, until they arrived at the bottom.

It appeared that she had no other choice, but to begin running somewhere else immediately.

"Shea! Come back, you can't risk your life going there!" Her fellow rabbitman said, only for her to look back at them.

"I'm only seeking for help!" She replied, like a madwoman in their eyes and ears.

It won't take long before she meets her saviour.

[ ~ TO • BE • CONTINUED ~ ]

{ 1 of 2 chapters this week }