That Day

When the battle was about to start, Oscar stood his ground, analyzing what his two enemies will soon do.

And as expected, what one of them did was simply try to crush him with a massive club.

Lifting his umbrella, he prepared to open it, and once he did, he tightly held on to the weapon.

Once the club impacted against his umbrella, he felt an incredible impact that pushed him for a moment.

'Impact absorption modification, alongside the durability of Azantium Ore, nice. And, called it, these monsters aren't even mine as I remember it.'

After commenting on it, he ran sideways after folding his umbrella, with his maid quickly following him.

"Master, you're pretty slow." She said, in a honest way.

"Yeah. I know. I've been weakened from my rest, therefore I had to do something about it." He replied, sending mana towards his umbrella before slamming its tip to the ground, transmuting a small area full of explosive stones in front of tough metals.

Said explosive stones were hit by a club from a blue Ogre, launching the club out of its hand when a powerful explosion appeared.

In its surprise, the red Ogre was hit on its shoulder with a force that had pushed it several feet backwards, but not making it fall down.

Seeing this, it seemed as if the two Ogres began to feel a bit angry at Oscar for looking like he was taking it easily, and not even thinking like they were a threat to him.

"~~~~!!!!"

Due to this anger, they immediately began attacking more wildly.

The only problem was, Oscar was protecting against the attacks just fine. One Ogre with a working club even tried slamming it down to him at full force.

"Urgh-! Now that's more like...it!" Oscar yelled, struggling to hold his ground when he blocked the club, just before he was about to be pushed down by the mere strength of the gigantic Ogre, Lievre jumped forward and pulled her master away from an oncoming leg sweep.

"Ow, I think my legs are cramped!"

"Don't worry about it. Divine Blessing!"

In a mere moment, the minor injuries Oscar gained were gone, giving him a sense of relief that motivated him.

"That's it? You know you could just use the intermediate spell, Divine Veil for this fight, right?"

"Forgive me for my foolishness, Mas-"

"No need. That happens sometimes."

With a nod, the maid immediately casted the spell without any worries, before letting go of Oscar.

Once his boots are on the ground, the Master of the Labyrinth immediately made a run towards the two gigantic Ogres. Swinging his umbrella upwards, he transmuted the ground to create a platform by the shape of a pillar to launch him upwards.

In reaction, one of the Ogres swung his club towards him. And likewise, Oscar blocked the strike with his open umbrella, and is thrown to the wall by the impact.

Thankfully, his clothing had lessened the damage he was going to be struck with the moment his body hit the wall, and as quickly as he began to fall, he created a platform out of the wall, then closed the umbrella with some style.

"Urgh, pain sucks.... But still, check this out you two!" He said, aiming his umbrella's tip on one of the Ogres before planting it to the ground and letting go of it.

Raising his palms until they were several inches apart, he created a ball of darkness that seemingly was about to pull things towards it.

"Imperfect Gravity Barrel, Fire!" He shouted, gesturing his hands to push it forwards, and now it shot towards the head of one of the Ogres at speeds he was barely able to comprehend yet.

That meant, just trying this spell he himself created also consumed an incredible amount of mana from him, forcing him to kneel down in pain and sudden exhaustion.

Said black ball appeared right in front of the Gigantic Ogre, and its appearance began to scare the two. It's as if instinctively, something very horrible was about to happen to the two of them.

Before the two could even escape, an immense gravity pulled the two of them, turning their heads into spaghetti as the Black hole devoured the heads, then it suddenly exploded into a bright ball of fire.

"Immense gravitational pull through a black hole, before.... the immediate spacial explosion that converted absorbed matter into a horrible explosion. Sadly it's still incomplete." He commented, feeling proud just because of something like a small accomplishment.

Lievre had leaped up to the platform to be near him, and she immediately began to transfer her own mana to him.

Due to the death of the two Ogres, a magic circle engraved on the gates to the temple slowly vanished, meaning it was no longer locked.

But, it seems like Oscar was feeling a bit tired, so he decided to have his maid carry him down to the floor in front of the temple's gates.

"I'll open this myself."

Although the gate was opened, the room was dimly lit even though torches were placed on the walls. But it seems like the fuel those torches had were about to be gone.

Normally, one would wonder what was inside as a strange feeling would be in their hearts, but to Oscar it wasn't that different from being in a dark room with a flashlight turned off.

Once he put mana onto his glasses, he began to see much more clearly, allowing him to see in the dark.

But what he saw was as he expected, a vampire girl whose top half could only be seen, her crimson eyes gazing towards him, filled with hope.

She had long golden hair, which was unkept, as if it hasn't been take care of for many months, and pale skin that had not seen the sunlight for years.

".... Help...*cough* *cough!*"

Her voice now was incredibly raspy, as if her throat hasn't had the taste of water for weeks, like a corpse.

Oscar was about to move towards the girl, yet Lievre grasped his shoulder.

"Master, we should leave. She was sealed here, right?"

"I don't know what danger you're talking about. That Vampire Princess is harmless! I figured that seal disallows her ability to use magic the moment I observed deeper.

"...."

Sighing, his maid left her doubts to herself, and the two walked up the stairs to approach the sealed vampire girl.

What will happen next?

What will the Labyrinth Master and the Vampire Princess's interactions be?

[ ~ TO • BE • CONTINUED ~ ]

Author's Commentary: Here we go, meeting Yue.

The next action scenes might be longer than this chapter's.