Preparations before leaving

Some time has passed since Oscar left Kaori and Hajime on their own devices, and he decided to begin managing the Labyrinth once more with his system.

The Divinity Stone, or parts of it had significantly affected the Soul Crystal, allowing it to evolve through an immense amount of mana.

Through this, he now had complete control over the Labyrinth, along with some of its laws that made it feel different from the outside world.

For example, he created a Labyrinthian Law where adventurers/invaders will obtain power and level up just by killing monsters, which made more adventurers flock to this Labyrinth.

Surely a lot had happened on the surface, and something like that. He knew what he is doing right now.

More adventurers dying meant more Souls for him to collect.

More souls means more spins in the Gacha.

Gacha is (kind of) a part of him now.

And he doesn't intend to get himself addicted too much from doing such things.

Like a security guard, he was also monitoring the monsters that existed all around the Labyrinth, finding an colorful variety of them all around 75 floors and lower.

Naturally, all these floors were expanded to become thrice their size, making them take longer to explore.

Seeing him work hard on things she couldn't really comprehend, Yue had approached Oscar and patted his arm to get his attention.

"Nnn... Oscar, how's your day?"

"Something was bothering me, you know? There was that time when I fought the otherworldly people, and honestly I've enjoyed playing.... The villain."

"Is that a problem?" Yue replied, shaking her head. Even if that sounded questionable, that wasn't bothering her much.

"Nay. That's honestly not even surprising. So here's the thing: let's be the necessary evil to this corrupt world."

Yue stared at Oscar, thinking he was a crazy fool. So, she asked him:

"Nn, but first.... Lend me your knowledge of ancient magic, then spend time with us. Got it?"

Us?

That question sparked some curiosity from Oscar, then looked at a certain Maid that had just recently entered the room.

"Master.... I have something to tell you."

She approached him solemnly, as if she didn't have enough confidence to tell something.

"What is it? Something wrong?" He asked, and she lowered her head.

"My smile is imperfect. That's what's wrong. They're empty, do I not deserve it?" She said the moment she was close enough.

Deserve what, exactly?

As Oscar was pondering over what his maid deserved, he briefly stopped himself from managing his new Labyrinth, the Lake of Faeries through the system and stood from his throne, approaching her.

Lievre flinched and closed her eyes, imagining something bad will happen to her.

But, all she felt was a hand on the top of her head.

"Is that so? That's fine, you'll feel happiness the more you spend time with me, I guess. And when you do, you'll get your real smile." He stated, rubbing the maid's head.

When he took a glance at Yue, her face had mildly scrunched up in jealousy.

"You want one?"

A soft nod was given, then she walked towards him just to grab his hand.