chapter 3 The Unknown

"Hmm, how interesting."

Instantly Kreed felt at peace, the voice escaping from the creatures lips was unlike anything he had heard before. Kreed struggled to not succumb to the alluring call the voice seemed to permiate.

Unlike the voice that spoke before this one wasn't, artificial or drowned with the pretence of being non-existent. Instead the voice coming from the radiant figure silhouetted with unbearable darkness sounded. Omniscient... That was the only word Kreed knew that could be used to describe such a creature.

"Say, child it is indeed, interesting that you would choose to call upon me."

Kreed froze, with every word that escaped it's lips he felt more and more drawn to the creature. If this continued, Kreed's already fractured mind would without a doubt collapse on itself.

"Hmmm, I see."

With those words the world moved. Kreed didn't know what had happened but he could now feel his legs again. For a brief second his mind was flooded with questions, instinctively Kreed forced himself to focus on the majestic creature sitting on the runes once again.

Now however, all it's immaculate presence and vigor was gone instead a radiant being with long black hair took it's place. The creature was still shrouded in the embrace of the unnerving darkness. But now it seemed more.... more Human, well as human as it could get.

The creature spoke once more breaking the silence.

"There, that should be enough. Say child what do you seek, ask of me and I will deliver."

As Kreed listened, we realized what had happened. The being was to divine for him to speak freely so he, changed. Now although the voice coming from the being was unlike anything a human could create it was somehow bearable.

But Kreed wasn't to focused on the creatures voice, after understanding that it meant no harm Kreed could now focus on the more astonishing things that had changed.

Firstly there was his body, strangely Kreed could move once again. It was as if the creature had healed him.

But Kreed wasn't fooled. He had not been. Healed no Instead the creature seemed to have reversed his battered body back to the state it was in before the crushing force of the first voice assaulted him.

After he was thrown to the ground his bones were broken in a fit of terror his bruised skin became mangeled and dented from the impact. But now he was back to being just bruised and poisoned.

Feeling hesitant Kreed slowly pushed himself of the ground and sat up leaning on the broken bench he had once sat on.

The creature didn't move but, stared at him with the most genuine of curiosity.

Finally Kreed spoke.

"Why, why am I alive?"

His voice echoed throughout the room it sounded raspy and Ridgid. It was as if there was something vile and disgusting stuck in his throat. Of course even Kreed could tell that he sounded utterly repulsive. Yet the creature didn't seem to care or it was probably used to hearing such vile things and couldn't help but pity the beings that wasn't born with a majestic voice such as his own.

No, instead the creature seemed bewildered by the question. Indeed it was a strange question.

But Kreed felt that if anyone knew the answer the being sitting on the runes Infront of him would.

For a second the darkness seemed to become chilling and then it spoke.

"Why are you alive? That's very simple, is it not.