1

Y/N's job was to keep Lucifer company, then Lucifer would let them take their leave with their daily pay. Nothing too simple, nothing too hard. Right? OH, FUCK, IT IS! Or not?? ARGHH, Y/N didn't know! They were so busy thinking about how their first day could be, they hadn't even changed for work. 

Apparently, they took too long that Lucifer summoned them himself without warning, and saw Y/N drinking coffee.

 "..." 

Silence.

Poor Y/N, they were still in their PJs. "Um.. Morning?" They said, yawning, realizing their hair/fur was tangled, brushing it with their [hand/paw/etc], blinking slowly. 

Lucifer had a dumbfounded look, and coughed awkwardly. "Good—Good morning. You uh—haven't, you know—erm.. gotten ready?" The fallen angel stammered, then Y/N yawned again.

"Dude. It's 7 in the morning." Y/N said, putting down their cup of coffee on a nearby table. "You really expect me to get my ass up at 7?" Y/N scoffed, crossing their arms. 

Boy, they sure weren't a morning person. 

"Well—you see, usually my daughter or wife would be up 'n ready, so," Lucifer said, dropping his cane, fingers fumbling. "it's—a habbit." He said finally. 

"Mhm.. say, got any extra clothes? I really don't mind what it is, but I'm not working with this on.." Y/N muttered, looking down at their PJs. 

"Er—yeah." Lucifer said, teleporting spare clothes, handing them to Y/N. "Bathroom's straight and on the left." The fallen angel added, pointing straight. 

Y/N nodded, walking in the direction where the bathroom was. 

As they changed, they sighed, turning on the faucet, washing their face, groaning. 

"Should've set a timer. I fucking hate this shit." They muttered, their [hands/paws/etc] laying on their eyes, rubbing them slowly with water on them. "I wanna be exterminated instead of dying in work.." They said, banging their head on the sink. 

~

•••

"So—what do you like to do?" Lucifer asked the [demon/anthropomorphic animal], trying to make another duck, which would fit in with the other—ducks in his room. 

"Uhm.. sleep, eat; repeat." Y/N shrugged, sitting down on a chair. "You?" 

Lucifer turned around, surprised. "Ehhhhhh—make rubber ducks, trying to beat depression, call my daughter when I'm bored.." Lucifer said, turning back to his work bench, making another rubber duck. 

"Uh-huh.." Y/N muttered, pulling out their phone. "Hm." Y/N added, still in a muttering voice. 

Lucifer coughed under his breath. Damn it, how do I talk to someone that just sold their soul to me? The fallen angel thought.

Lucifer cleared his throat, turning to Y/N, "Well, uhm, I hope you feel welcome here, and, you know—feel safe here for your first day." He said, turning back to Y/N, who looked away from their phone and directly at Lucifer, surprised. This.. was probably the first time they'd ever heard someone say something affectionate like that—given their past on Earth.

They blushed, feeling heat rise from their cheeks, but shook it off. "Uh.. thanks."

~

Ello, how was your day :3