six

Ian

I don't know what went wrong, or what she did. Maybe she hurt herself? Just before we moved behind the curtain, she looked back into the crowd. Her facial expression, it looked like she had just seen a ghost.

Her eyes rolled back into her head and she just collapsed. The whole room went silent so quick, it was creepy. It was like we were all trying to read each others minds, what should we do?

Suddenly one voice pierced through the stone silence,

"CALL AN AMBULANCE!"

I wonder who it was.

Jack

I'd never screamed so loud. I've only been so scared a couple times.

I remember a year ago, I think it was. I was watching her practice in the studio. Her mom wouldn't come. Neither would her sister. She didn't really have her family to support her and I always secretly thought that was why she was so drawn to me. Ever since she found out that she was the lesser child when it came between her and her sister, it seemed to tear her family apart. And because there was no one else at the time, she sought out her comfort in me. I was supposed to be her safe place.

You could hear the sirens from a mile away. A medic crew had come to join her and her dance partner, Ian I think, on the stage.

I was pushing against the gate that was holding the audience back, security was all over. I didn't give a shit though, I had to get to her. I had to. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something bad had happened and I wasn't there for her.

When I realized that there was no way in hell I'd be able to get through this gate and security, I turned around and ran through the crowd. I pushed through groups and groups of people.
A huddle of guys that were filming the whole thing, a group of parents that were shaking their heads disapprovingly. Muttering about how she was probably on drugs. A cluster of girls who had seemed to recognized me and were screaming my name. I didn't have any time to pay attention, I had to get to Kailani and fast.

I swirled around the corner and made my way to the fire exit towards the back of the building. I ran around the corner where a bunch of fans were all standing and looking alertly at a truck. An ambulance more specifically. Sprinting through the crowd, a sudden gust of anxiety washed over me. This had to be bad. She just fainted out of nowhere. A blockade of people, halted my steps. I settled back on to my heels and dried my eyes a little before pushing through the swarm. I guess while I was running I hadn't realized my eyes started to well with nervous tears.

Finally, I came face to face with the ambulance. The doors were shut and I couldn't see in, which meant I couldn't see how Lani was doing. Next to the closed doors was her dance partner and an officer speaking. I approached the quickly.

"Ian, what happened up there? Is she alright?" My voice came out strained as I interrupted their conversation.

"Who are you?" The officer asked, a look of confusion adorning his face.

"I'm Jack, her boyfriend. Now what happened?"

"She seemed to have fainted, the cause is unknown so far," He then directed his head towards Ian. "Has she been taking any strong medications recently?"

Ian's eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"Uh yeah, s-she hurt her ankle a couple days ago and she started taking this prescription." Ian seemed to be just as shaken up over the situation as I was.

"Can you give me the name the doctor that prescribed it? Maybe it wasn't cooperative with her body and caused it to shut down."

By now I was completely lost. I had only missed out on being around her for like five days, when did she hurt her ankle? Why didn't I notice?

You were too busy messing around with Vanessa to even think about your girlfriend, remember?

I shook my head to rid myself of these thoughts, Kailani needed my full attention right now.

Not giving a fuck, I opened the door of the truck. All I could think about how wrong I've been about everything lately. I needed to make this up to her and I had no clue how but this whole episode just made me ten times more anxious than I already was.

Surprisingly, no one tried to stop me from getting into the ambulance. I closed the door and took a huge breath. I needed it for confidence. I moved slowly to the seat next to the stretcher, drinking in the sight of her. Every gorgeous inch.

Why would you ever cheat when you have this?

Then the sadness started appearing in waves.

"My baby, God I hope your okay."

The first tear rolled down at the sight of the love of my life lying down on a stretcher, unconscious.