CHAPTER 10- CLOSURE

We are sitting in the sand as we see the moon touch the sea. The wind filled the silence between the both of us.

"You're leaving?" he said while looking at the moon. "Yes" I said and made a sigh. "I wanted to know the answer to my question" I said "Ok, let me answer it" he said, 

"Why did you break the engagement?" I ask "Hmmm. To be honest I don't want to break the engagement. The true reason why I broke the engagement is I was afraid that your issue was true and the second reason is that I got engaged before we engage" he said and I wasn't shocked at all I heard that one before I wasn't able to trust that gossip. But hearing the words come from him makes me want to cry yet a smile forms on my lips. 

"You do know you were engaged before you proposed to me?" I asked "No" he said that was a bit lessening my pain. "You can ask me question" I said to him "Was the issue true?" he asked and I turned my gaze to him 

"No, I was framed before," I said "Are you angry with me that I trust the issue?" he ask "To be honest I get angry that you weren't able to trust me that day. I wanted to curse you to death because I had a high expectation that time that you would trust me" I said 

"Are you still angry with me?" he asked "Hmmm. I was able to forgive you because I don't want to get back here in the Philippines with a heavy heart. I know that it was hard on your part also that day" I said "Why?" he asked 

"Because you have a special place in my heart as a friend we have memories that I can hold and treasure even though you hurt me the most it gave me a lesson to be strong," I said, "Why aren't be able to trust me that day?" I asked him "I was afraid that time, I was cowardly to face the truth, I'm sorry" he said.

"Why did you leave two days after I broke the engagement?" he asked "If I didn't leave what you are going to do?" I asked "I found you, but your family doesn't want me to find you. I know but still, I wanted to bring you back that time to trust you" he said 

"Well you don't have a chance even if you want me back. Your love was not deep enough that weren't able to trust me" I asked "Why did you leave?" he asked again it was my nightmare to be back in the memories again but maybe this was the time I needed to say to him. He also has a right to know why I leave. "You wanted to know the truth?" I ask and he nods. "Brace yourself up," I said and I inhaled. 

"After you broke the engagement our clinic was been held by fire. I was running at that time to get to the clinic even though I was not emotionally stable when I got there I saw children crying. I was able to help the children when the fire got on our floor. I was protecting one child when we were blocked by the fire and my breath was getting heavier due to the smoke. 

She was bleeding that time when I rescued the child and crying that time. I beg for help from someone to save us. My headache is gone and my heart is skipping due to much emotion. I don't even know that we got rescued. Due to the trauma I experience I can't talk to anyone. 

I always shout like hell. I wanted to die that day. I blamed myself when the child died in my arms close to my heart. It was my first time to be able not to save one child's life because I was not strong enough at that time. 

When my family decided for me to get medication in Australia where my auntie is a nurse. I was able to get healed at that time. I survived that storm but due to the great impact of the trauma my shrimp allergy is even worse. The symptoms I experience bring back the trauma it was critical every time I ate shrimp because of the association of the symptoms in my experience. I almost lost my life again here when I was at the conference. That's why I left" I said no tears came from my eyes the sea calmed me as I talked.