CHAPTER 3 - CRAZY SUITOR

"Doc Afomia, someone was looking for you," Nurse Frizz said while I was busy reading and researching for one of the patients. It was quite severe and needed to be researched thoroughly in our diagnosis and treatment. 

"Papasukin mo" I said without even looking I just read and read when I felt a presence in front. A manly man with the suit "Doc Afomia Good afternoon" Jerald said "Good afternoon, napapunta ka rito. Is there any problem in the ancestral house?" I ask while looking again the paper again. "We made some adjustments and your sister needs your approval since it was your design," he said and I took him

 "You can email me it not necessary for you to come here," I said and looked again in the paper and it was in my serious tone. "Ahmmm, also she gave me this one kumain ka raw sabi ng ateh mo" He said and when our eyes meet he looks away that quite weird hindi naman ako pinapadalhan ng pagkain ng ateh ko.

"Put it there kakain ko yan mamaya" I said while looking again at the paper even though I was having headaches trying to push myself to a limit. "You need to eat," he said in a worried tone "No need I've done eating, just let me see the adjustment," I said while putting down the paper while I put on my eyeglasses. He gave me the table where the adjustment is been established. "Who makes this adjustment?" I ask while scanning again. "Eng. Wilson" he said I put the tablet away while massaging my temple.

"Did they meet up? My sister and Mark?" I ask him "No" he said "Kaylagan ba tayo maging messenger ng dalawang niyan" I mumble while I close my eyes. "Are you ok with the adjustment?" he asked again "I'm going to need approval from my kuya I'll just update you?" I said and went back to reading my paper.

Ring-ring-ring

"Your phone is ringing answer your call," he said and I answered it loud "Afomiaaaaa" Thorn shouted in the call "Ano naman kaylagan mo? Every time you would call me I would never answer without our loudspeaker ang sakit mo sa tenga" I said in a calm tone but deep inside I wanted to shout to Thorn. Yet I can't do that since  I have a guest. 

"Is there anything else?" while looking in Jerald and just gave me a sign of a no. "Bad news," he said "Why?" I ask him "Nasan ka?" he replies, "Question after question. I'm in the office bakit ba?" I said sarcastically "Stay in your office. Are you with someone? Wag mong palabasin" He said hysterically while I was looking at Jerald coming back in his seat.

"Bakit ba?" I said in annoyance "Supervisor is here, and yes yung baliw mong mamanliligaw nandito now run or hide bago ka pa makita" he said I almost fell and pick my phone and turn the off the loudspeaker "That's not a good joke" I said while laughing nervously and give a walk in the window. Shit, his car is really in here.

  "Thorrrnniiiiieeeeee" I shout back in the phone, now I don't mind shouting. This fucking crazy suitor is getting on my nerve. "Yes malapit na ako at malapit na rin siya" he said. "OK don't put down the phone ok" I said "Come with me," I said to Jerald who had a dark aura I just grabbed his hand while looking in the door like an agent when I saw no one was coming we went out. "What floor are you?" I asked Thorn "11," and he said, "How about supervisor?" I asked again "11 I think just hold for a moment" he said ok my office in the 14 floor I need more time.

"Ok, I can't send you out. Bye" I said when I was about to run when he held again my hand I just raised my eyebrow "What's wrong?" he asked "Nothing wrong," I said and was about to let go of my hand when I heard a voice coming from the elevator. 

"Mia" Thorn said and gave me a hug "What the hell is happening?" I asked him "Makisabay ka nalang" he whispered "If you excuse us Sir I'm going to take my girlfriend away," he said and hugged my waist "Excuse us, Eng. Caden, I'll just give an update towards the adjustment" I said while looking in his dark aura that gave me chills.

"Doc Afomia" another voice in the elevator. Thorn holds my hand to feel secure and safe. The supervisor with her two men held a bouquet and gifts. "Good day supervisor," I said while giving respect "Here for you," Mr. Tan said while holding a bouquet it has a strong smell when I found two hands in front of me 

"I'm sorry, supervisor, Doc Afomia has an allergy to the strong smell," Thorn said and Jerald just took back his hand. "I appreciate all your effort Supervisor but I hope this won't happen again, this is a hospital I hope you would know that one," I said while giving respect when he was about to speak when another voice filled the corridor. 

"Mr. Tan I hope you would not take my employee as your one of your toys. This happen twice and I can't let it happen thrice. Hope you do your job and not have an excuse" Doc Velasquez the head of the hospital and the owner.

"I'm sorry president, this won't happen again." Mr. Tan said while running towards the elevator. Ito lng pala ang makakapag takbo sa kanya. "Do your thing now" Doc. Velazquez said and all the people came back to their room 

"Doc Thorn Velasquez, take your hands off in Doc Afomia." Doc Velasquez said "Dad naman she is my sister in law, I was just protecting her." he said while ruining my hair "Yah stop it" I said to thorn and he just laugh "Hahhaha hindi ka pa nagliligaw sa ateh niya sister in law na agad." Doc Velasquez said and I just smirk at Thorn 

"AHHHA torpe kase Tito eh" I said "Turuan mo nga tung anak ko Afomia baka maunahan pa yan" tito said "Yahh pinagkaisahan niyo naman ako" Thorn histed "No problem Tito, tuturuan ko to" I said and hej ust nood "Good, here is the file you need I meet you in my office" he said and walk away.

"You ok you look shaken?" Thorn asked when he felt I was nervous back then. "I'm ok maybe the old trauma came back," I said while touching my chest. I am about to look where Jerald stands yet there is no one maybe he has another business to do.

Sometimes people have seen me as a happy little they didn't know that I had been hiding all the pain, anxiety, and phobia in every smile I make. I may look strong but deep inside I am a broken piece that is about to crumble. I may look composed yet I am afraid of everything that may disappear in one blink or I may get back to the nightmare that ruined my life.