Tim in shining armour

(A real conversation my remaining two brain cells had with each other before writing this)

"I have exams soon.."

"Yes. Yes you do."

"I should really study."

"You should, yeah."

"But I wanna write more Tim Laflour oneshots.."

"Listen soldier, what's more important? Your oneshots or passing your exams?"

"..Passing my exams."

"Rightey-o. Now, get to it."

...

"Soldier?"

...

"Ah fuck."

Enjoy and please type down in the comments what you'd like me to write next! ☆

______________________________________________________________

You accepted the fact that you weren't too comfortable with animals. You didn't like how sharp their claws or teeth or beaks or tails were, yet, that didn't stop you from occasionally pet-sitting for people. You had kept your friend's cats and dogs (not minding having to sneak them in since your apartment didn't allow pets), your little neighbor's beloved hamster had also made an appearance in your apartment and you had also taken care of one of your upstairs neighbor's macaws (having been rewarded by a sweet little homemade berry smoothie since the old man was aware that you weren't too comfortable around birds yet you still accepted to help him nonetheless).

So there, you managed to push your somewhat dormant fear of animals aside whenever someone needed your help with their beloved pet. However, if there was one type of critter that you would not step near even if a gun was pointed to your head...it would be reptiles.

You got goosebumps simply thinking of them, many dreams haunted to the point of nightmares because of those scaly creatures you thought were actual beastly creations from Satan's pits of hell. You couldn't even bring yourself to so much brush past those fake toy ones you could find in stores.

However, your deep (and slightly barbaric) fear over them hadn't been tested nor had it been problematic. You lived in a street filled with cars, buildings, and clumsy drunks. Even something as big as a komodo dragon wouldn't last a day around these busy streets. Least to say, you were safe from those beasts with your streets, cars, buildings and drunken old men...Until today.

You were in your apartment, towel wrapped around your chest after your shower and walking to your living room to look for your favorite shirt that you knew was sitting clean and nicely folded in your laundry basket that Tim had brought back for you yesterday night after proposing to make a laundry run for you since he was already doing his and Darryl's. (You rewarded him with a very big kiss on the lips afterwards.)

Picking up the long sleeved shirt with a smile of endearment, you turned to go back to the bathroom only to clutch at it tightly after coming face to face with something small that you swore was never on your living room window.

A lizard.

You froze immediately, staring at it as you could hear your heart literally gag at the sight. The clutching of your shirt has morphed into clutching your chest, you were a literal statue. Hell, even The Statue of Liberty moved more than you. Your eyes fixated on what you hoped was you going absolutely bonkers, watching as the thing stayed there. Chilling on the window. Possibly living its best life.