Chapter 8: You are fine

"Ohhh mister, I guess you are still his mouthpiece but I just to--" Scott paused, widening his eyes. "Ohh, fuck, I was so attracted to you I didn't ask for your name. Ohh honey, my apologies," he ignored the twins and stared at me with a sorry look on his face as his smile dropped. This made me blush again. This is the second time he is using a pet name. "It's not a problem. I should have introduced myself earlier. I'm sorry too," a smile formed on my face as I looked at him. "My name--"

"You don't need to tell him your name. You won't even talk to him like that, so why bother?" Perry cut me short as I was about to introduce myself. Hearing Perry's words, I immediately faced him. "What do you mean by I won't talk to him?" I asked, still trying to keep my cool. "You hardly talk to anyone; your only friends are Terry and me. And don't you feel uncomfortable talking to him?" He replied in a harsh tone, pointing at Terry, who was already eating, and then to Scott, who had a confused look on his face.

"Do you think because of my condition I shouldn't be able to talk to anyone?" I got angry and shouted back, which got the attention of everyone in the cafeteria; the whole place went silent. I have gotten angry with the twins so many times, but I have never raised my voice at them before. Perry was shocked, and his expression changed from anger to surprise and curiosity. Terry, who was eating before, stopped to look up at me with a shocked expression.

"I don't understand you, Perry. I thought you were meant to encourage me to leave my shell a bit, but here you are, angry because I talked to someone," glaring at Perry. "Have you ever stopped to wonder how I feel about my condition? Do you think I am happy with the fact I have social anxiety?" I could feel my eyes getting heavy and water forming. "Do--d--" I tried to speak, but no word could leave my mouth. Looking around to see everyone staring, Perry was staring at me, his face pale, unable to read his emotions. Terry's eyes widened, and he tried to get close to me, but I pushed him away before I ran out the exit, not looking at anyone else.

I sat on the toilet, trying to pull myself together. My heart was beating so fast; my eyes were full with tears I didn't know had started to drop. Everything started to feel so dizzy; I could hardly breathe. Trying to breathe, I fell to the ground, pains all over my body. I felt my body getting heavy; I tried to scream, but I couldn't. "Leo---le---Leo, are you okay? Leo, please breathe," I heard someone calling my name, but everything was so blurry; I couldn't detect who it was. A hand held onto me. "Breathe, Leo, breathe; you are fine. You are fine," the voice said, trying to calm me down.

I held onto the hand tight as I began to breathe, trying to calm down. "That's it; calm down. I'm here; you are fine. No one will hurt you. You are fine," the voice became clearer as I began to relax. My breath was getting back to normal; the dizziness began to reduce. My breath was back to normal, but I still felt a sharp pain behind my head. An arm drew me close before pulling me into a hug.

"Fuck, Leo, you scared me. Please don't ever do that again, okay?" I could hear the voice clearly, though my head was on his chest; he was hugging me very tight. I thought I might die. "Please don't ever do that again," he pulled me away from his hug, placed both of his hands on my cheeks, and stared into my eyes. I could see his furrowed forehead, his eyes widening slightly, conveying a sense of alertness or concern. I broke down in tears again as I hugged him tight; I could hear his heart beating fast, and I felt safe in his arms.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to break down like that," I could feel my puffy eyelids, and my eyes reddened. I looked up at him. "You are fine. It's not your fault, okay? Just stop crying; everything is fine, Leo," he cleaned the tears on my face and stared at me. My eyes went straight to his lips. Not thinking of anyone or anything, my lips met with his. I could feel the hesitation he had before he finally kissed me back. It was slow and passionate. We both pulled back to catch our breath. I looked at his face; it was tomato red, but he looked at me and smiled. I blushed hard. 'Fuck, I just kissed Terry.'