Chapter 4: My name is Scott

We were all seated in the car, Perry was the only one with a driver's license. Terry was too lazy to get one, and I, on the other hand, just decided not to get it. With Perry driving and Terry in the passenger seat, I was playing a video game on my phone, not realizing when we got to the store. "Get off, Leo," I heard Terry saying as he got down from the car. I got down, but I was contemplating whether I should just stay in the car. I felt a hand holding onto mine. "Just hold my hand, I'm sure you will be fine," Perry said with a smile on his face.

I returned the smile, realizing I was holding onto his hand tightly, making us look like a couple. I blushed a little, and we started walking into the store. It was the weekend, so the store was packed. Terry grabbed a basket as we made our way to the fresh food section. Perry was still holding onto my hand as he picked up the things we needed. I felt surprisingly calm, though there were a lot of people around. Terry was skipping around with the basket in his hand like he was holding onto a handbag. We finished getting the stuff on the list as we made it to the counter. The boy there looked like he was our age mate. As he scanned our goods, his eyes met mine, and he smiled. It felt weird as I looked to see if someone was behind me, but no one was there. I looked back at him, and he let out a little laugh, but it wasn't noticeable. "So, I will have to get someone to confirm the price of this item," he said to Perry as he tried to scan the butter, but it wasn't working. Perry nodded in approval.

He called out to someone to confirm the price. I didn't realize I was staring at the boy. He had black hair combed backward, brown eyes, and light-skinned. He had a few freckles on his face which added to his beauty. He looked a little built like Perry. "You are going to bore a hole in my face," he said. I quickly realized that I had been staring for way too long. I looked the other way immediately. He chuckled. "My name is Scott," he said with a bright smile on his face. "You might not recognize me, but we go to the same school but not the same class. I'm actually your senior by a year, though," he let out a little laugh. He looked a bit familiar, but I never leave the class, so I surely don't know him.

I felt Perry tighten his grip. "And why are you telling him that, if I may ask? Because I don't remember him asking," Perry asked with a cold tone. Scott still retained his smile. "I like him, and I want to be his friend," I looked at Scott with a shocked look. He looked back at me and smiled. If I was being honest, his smile was capable of capturing the heart of many. "That won't be possible. He doesn't need a friend like you," I could feel the strange aura between the two boys. "And how would you know that? Last time I checked, he has a mouth of his own, dickhead," Scott replied with the same expression he had before, but it felt like he was annoyed this time.

Before Perry could reply, a young girl came back with the butter to tell Scott the price. He scanned it. "That would be 500," he said. Terry, who was on his phone the entire time, handed him the card. He gave him the receipt before he turned to me. "See you in school, cutie," I felt a chill in my body. 'Cutie,' he called me cutie. I was a bit flustered as I smiled and followed Perry and Terry outside. I looked at Perry and saw a frown on his face like he was annoyed for some reason. I wanted to ask what was wrong but decided to let it slide. We headed to the car with the goods in our hands.