Chapter 6: No, I'm not

Looking back through the mirror to see Leo playing with his phone, I knew he was kinda annoyed because of my behavior today, but I too can't explain why I behaved that way. Seeing others giving Leo attention just made me angry. I guess I overstepped my boundary. I have always looked after Leo more than I did with Terry. I was a few minutes older than them, but I felt like they were my responsibility. Lost in thought, I didn't realize I had gotten to the house. I parked the car and looked at Leo again before getting down.

"Come help me get this stuff inside, Terry," I called out as I opened the trunk. "I gotta pee, ask Leo to help you," he then ran inside the house without looking back. What a useless brother was I given.

Leo came down from the car to help me out, but he was still quiet. It's obvious he is still annoyed. He looks so cute when he is mad. "You don't have to worry; I can take them in myself," I tried to collect the things he carried. "Nah, it's fine," he replied as he carried it and went in. Sigh, I closed the trunk, locked the car, and went in too.

Leo was removing everything from the bag and placing it on the kitchen slab. I came and started to put everything where it was meant to be. "I'm going to take a shower," Leo said as he finished what he was doing. "Hmm, okay, are you still hungry? I can whip up something light for you to eat," I said, trying to have a conversation with him. He looked at me like he was excited, but his expression changed almost immediately. "Don't worry, I'm full; I will just take a shower and head to bed," he replied with a faint smile and turned. I unconsciously grabbed his hand. "Are you angry with me?" I mustered the courage to ask him.

"No, I'm not," he tried to avoid eye contact with me, which I found kinda cute. "Why will I be angry? You have done nothing wrong, I guess," his face looked like he was blushing, which made me chuckle a little. "You guess? Just tell me if I did something wrong, please. I can't stand to see you not talking to me; it hurts a lot," I tried to do the puppy face Terry always did to get what he wants. This made Leo laugh a little, and it made me smile.

"I'm not angry, I'm just annoyed. Don't you think you were acting too protective, even with your own brother? It made me feel like you still think I'm a child who can't take care of himself," I just stared at him as he ranted, but I was still holding his hand. "I know you care about me, but I can take care of myself, you know?" He finished talking and looked at me. Our eyes met, and he looked away.

"I'm sorry for my behavior; I was just worried. This was the first time you have gone anywhere other than school. So of course, I was going to be protective," I put my other hand on his cheek and used my thumb to gently rub it. Fuck, his skin was fucking smooth. "If you had an attack or fainted, I don't think I will be able to handle it. I'm sorry; I will control myself from now on, okay?" Leo sighed and nodded. I freed his hand and opened my arms wide for him to give me a hug. I think that made him chuckle a little before coming to hug me.

He felt so small in my arms; I want to hug him like this forever. If hugging him feels so good, what if we kiss? What are you thinking, Perry? He is your brother, I said to myself. Technically not your real brother, another voice said to me. I came back to reality. "Go take a shower and go to bed; I will finish up here," I told him, smiling. "Okay, come to bed when you are done," he nodded as I watched him head up the stairs. Fuck, Perry, he will be the death of you soon.