Chapter 7: Yes, please have it

"Settle down, students. I believe you all have done your weekend homework. You are to submit it to the class president by the end of this class," the teacher said, setting her books down on the table. I'm so tired; I stayed up late playing games because I lost track of time. After Perry and I made up that night, Mr. and Mrs. Hendrix came back. On Sunday, we all had a family dinner, and I was a bit occupied doing my homework. I got help from the twins, and everything went smoothly. Perry was back to his normal self, and so was Terry.

After hours of learning, it was finally lunch break. "Come on, Leo, we have to get to the cafeteria before they run out of chicken nuggets!" Terry shouted as he started to drag me out of my seat. "Stop pulling me; I'm coming," I looked back at Perry. "Aren't you coming?"

"I will meet you guys there; just save me a seat. I need to do something quickly," Perry answered as he removed some books from his backpack. "Hmm, okay," I turned to follow Terry, who was getting impatient. We got to the cafeteria, which was packed with students trying to get today's menu. "We should have left early. Stay here; I will get our food," I nodded as Terry went through the crowd. I found a place to sit; thank God. I guess I was lucky on this part. I patiently waited for Terry to bring our food when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey!" I looked up and saw Scott, who was smiling so brightly behind me. He looked as cute as the first time I saw him. His uniform was so neat, and you could tell he spent hours trying to iron it because it was looking so crisp. "H-Hi," I smiled back as he sat next to me. "Monday meal rush can be very crowded, huh?" he said as he looked at me. "Yeah, all this for chicken nuggets. Why not go to a fast-food restaurant and get it there?" I complained, watching students still in line for their meal.

"Well, I heard the school's own is far better than those restaurants," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes. "I can't see the difference," I said, setting both my hands on my chin as my stomach began to growl. "Fuck, I'm so hungry," I whispered. I didn't know Scott heard me; I just heard him laugh a little. I looked at him and saw him bring out a lunch box from his bag. He opened it, and honestly, I started drooling. It was like a burger meal set; there were two burgers, French fries, pieces of chicken by the side, and a little box which I guessed contained sauce or ketchup.

Scott looked at me and laughed; he could see the stars twinkling in my eyes. "I guess you're a fan of burgers," I realized I was staring too much and moved my eyes away. "Yes, but I was just wondering why you would order this for school," I said, trying not to look at the wonders before me. "Who said I ordered it?" he chuckled again, and I immediately looked at him. "Someone brought it for you?" I asked, curious.

"Oh, no, honey, I made this myself," he answered as he removed a tissue from his bag. "Are you serious? You made this?" I asked out of surprise. He looked at my face and nodded, but the smile was still on his face. "Would you like to have one?" He wrapped one with a tissue and handed it to me. "Are you serious?" I asked, with my eyes still sparkling. "Yes, please, have it," I was about to take it when I heard a familiar voice. "No, thank you, but he doesn't want it." I looked back to see Perry, and behind him was Terry holding a tray, which I guessed was our food.

Been a bit busy, but the next chapter will be available soon.