Chapter 16

Fitz and I entered the empty workspace together, entering his office.

"Did you finish the paper?" Fitz asked, sitting behind his desk. I nodded, pulling it out from my binder and handing it over to him.

"Thank you. I'll check it over later."

"Okay great, I'll go get started." He nodded in agreement. I place a kiss on his lips before heading out.

"Love you!"

"Love you too." I say before closing the door after myself.

I went to my desk and started working on my work. Slowly but surely everyone started coming in. Biana walked up to me smiling.

"Hey Sophie! I saw the press conference from Friday, you and my brother make such a cute couple!" I smile.

"Thank you Biana."

"Everyone's been talking about you guys."

"In a bad way?" Biana shook her head.

"Well actually I don't know. A lot of people have been thinking it's just a lie because of the amount of times you and Fitz have been missing work lately. Whenever he's out, Mr. Jacob is always in charge and he sucks. Think of Fitz before he dated you and like 10 times more stricter." She said.

"Being off work is so fun though." She sighed.

"Not for us! Everyone's going to keep on talking about you guys if you continue your constant absence everybody's going to start getting really mad." Biana said.

"We know, I guess we just kind of get caught up in each other we don't really acknowledge it. But I'll talk about it with Fitz, promise."

"Thank you. Because having my brother in charge is much better than the other one." I laugh softly.

"Don't worry, I'll sort it out with him." She nodded before waving and heading back to her desk.

The time had quickly flown by and it was already time for our lunch break. I went into Fitz's office without knocking and found him looking at a few papers.

"Hey Sophie."

"Hey, we need to talk." He raised his head.

"What's wrong?" He asked, putting everything away.

"I feel like our relationship has been too involved with work. I love you but I think that we should try to be more professional. And maybe skip less of work, Biana was talking about how Mr. Jacob was a really big pain in the ass." Fitz stood up, sitting on a corner of his large desk.

"How so?"

"She just said he's really strict, but she didn't go into further details. But the main point is that we can be all romantic outside work, but around here we should keep it professional."

"Yeah, I already thought we were, but work just takes up so much of our time, it doesn't actually give us time to be together as much. That's why I really enjoyed the time we've been spending together lately." He said, gently pulling me into a hug.

"I did too." We stayed in the embrace before gently breaking apart.

"But I understand you. Thanks for letting me know." I nodded, kissing his cheek.

"Of course, I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you later," he kissed my temple before I left his office and found Biana. We got our food and took an empty table.

"So did you talk about it with him?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, we'll act more professional around here and be here more. But I guess with work we wanna take a few days off just to be with each other." She played with her salad.