Chapter 7

(This chapter is kinda cheesy)

Sophie's POV

I arrived at work and got settled in my office passing Fitz's office along the way. Only a few people arrived before me and they were chatting while mugs of coffee occupied their hands. They hadn't noticed my presence so I stayed quiet and got my files laid down on my desk and grabbed my computer from my bag.

I looked through the files and wrote whatever ideas I could think of for right now. After a while of only hearing small chatter in the background, I heard footsteps coming behind me and the talk turned into silence. They scattered to their offices, while I heard a voice behind me.

"Ms. Foster, may I see you in my office please." Fitz asked, a small smile on his face before he turned away and made his way back to his office. I quickly put papers back where they had belonged and made a way to Fitz's office, closing the door behind me. I took a seat as he gathered his papers.

"Good morning, I'm glad to see you're back at work."

"I'm glad to return."

"Good to know. Now as I had said yesterday in the library, there will be a business meeting tonight and you are required to attend. I only wanted to go over the details about tonight." I gave a nod and that was his cue to continue.

"The restaurant is the new one that has opened up down the street, La Farsca. It means bough or leafy."

"You know French?"

"I've learned over the years, I wouldn't say I'm fluent but I'm familiar with the language. Now aside from that, it's at 8 and the earliest you can arrive is about 7:45. Ask them for a reservation under my name and dress as you would for work."

"Is that all I need to know?"

"As of right now, yes, I'll come to you if I've forgotten anything." I nod, smiling before I stood up.

"Although before you go, I have a small question."

"What is it sir?"

"Are you comfortable with seeing Steve or interacting with him at work? If you don't, you could work in my office." I blush and stammer for words.

"N-no, I don't think that would be necessary. I'd be invading your privacy and I wouldn't want to do that. And it's really no problem."

"Are you sure?" I nodded.

"Yes, but thank you."

"If you need anything, just let me know." I nodded and gave him a small smile before heading out of his office. As I made my way to my office more chatter and scratchy laughs filled the room. I looked to see Stacy and Andrew talking very loud. I put on my headphones and turned on relaxing music to shut out the noise.

(Time Skip to about 7:30)

"Sophie, why do you only have work clothes in here? You need to dress amazingly tonight." I roll my eyes.

"Linh, for the last time, I'm not supposed to dress amazingly. Fitz said he expected everyone to go as they would for work. Not dressed in some hooker outfit."

"It's not like you have one anyways."

"The point is, I'll just be wearing what I'd wear to work. Not that big a deal." She sighed.

"All right. When you go to work do you feel sad about Andrew?" She asks.

"What? No. I was the one who broke up with him, and it was for good reason. Going to work with Andrew isn't that big of a deal."

"Really?"

"Yes, I really don't care. But he's so annoying. He was talking to Stacy so much today like he wanted to make me jealous. They wouldn't shut up."