Chapter 12

Sophie's POV

I took a deep breath before knocking on Fitzs door.

"Come in." I heard him say from inside. I entered his office smiling.

"Good morning Sophie. What can I do for you?"

"Well I was still feeling a bit guilty about what happened over the weekend and made you cookies." I placed the box on his desk and he smile.

"That was very sweet of you but you know you didn't have to do this."

"I know but I felt like I had to. And uhm I wanted to tell you, remember when you asked me the other day why I had kissed you while I was drunk and what had maybe caused me to do that?" He nodded.

"Well, the answer I gave you wasn't entirely true." I take in a deep breath, "I like you."

"Do you mean like as in friends like or a different type of like?"

"A different type. I like you in a way that's more than friends." A small smile appeared on his face.

"Really?" I nod.

"Yeah." My heart was racing as he still didn't say anything to how he felt about me.

"I like you too." As soon as I heard those words I wanted to jump in excitement.

"Really?" He nodded, his smile growing bigger. We stayed silent.

"So what now?" I ask, breaking the awkward silence.

"Whatever you'd like. If you'd like us to be more than friends then I would happily agree."

"I would." Fitz stood up from his chair standing across from me before putting his hands on my cheeks and gently placing his lips on mine.

I kissed him back and I couldn't believe this was actually happening. It was like a dream.

He gently broke apart and we both smiled.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while." He said in a whisper voice, his thumb gently caressing my cheek.

"Me too." Then I realized. I have a boyfriend. Fitz Vacker likes me back. Linh and Biana were right the whole time. I was just too stubborn to listen to them.

"Now that we're dating, do we have to tell everyone or announce that we are?" Fitz shook his head.

"Not unless you would like to."

"I don't really want to. Maybe we could tell Biana but that's it." He placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"Then that's perfectly fine. But if I may ask why?"

"I wouldn't want people to think weirdly of us or think that I'm being favorited because I'm dating you." Fitz nodded his head.

"You're right about that. And I agree." Fitz smiled and kissed my cheek. "Sophie, there's something I want to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I've had a crush on you for a really long time."

"How long?"

"About 4 years." My eyes widened but then I was also confused.

"I've started working here only a year ago."

"But we met about 4 years ago."

"I'm confused."

"I'm unsure you remember but remember when a few years ago you saw a little bird by a tree and started helping it? And then a stranger walked up to you and offered you his hat to carry the bird?" I quickly remembered the memory. But how did he know?

"I was the stranger." My eyes widened. There's no way. The man had been nerdy but really sweet. And Fitz is really attractive, still nerdy and sweet.

"You were?" He nodded.

"Yeah. And when I saw you by that tree helping the small little bird, I already knew that you had a really kind heart. And you were very beautiful and still are." My cheeks turn red.

"I was so nervous to ask for your name, but I was too late when you already left. But I'm so glad you've entered my life again. And I'm even happier to call you my girlfriend." I smile.

"And I'm so happy to call you my boyfriend." Fitz smiled and was about to kiss me again before we heard a knock on the door. Fitz went to sit in his chair and I sat in one too.

"Come in." Biana's head peaked in smiling.

"Oh hey Sophie. Didn't know you were here. Fitz, I finished the paper." She walked over to his desk and set the paper on his desk.

"Thank you Biana." She smiled and said a small bye before leaving the office and shutting the door behind her.

"I should get going." Fitz nodded and stood up.

"Wait." He pulled my hand and gently placed his lips on mine. His arms went to my waist, as my hands wrapped around his neck. We soon broke apart smiling.

"I should get going now. I'll see you later." We broke apart from our embrace and I left his office. I smiled to myself as I went back to work.

~

Not one of my best chapters I know. But sophitz! Yay! I tried to fit as much Sophitz as I could. Anyways thanks for reading, commenting, and voting! I really enjoy reading your guys' comments! I'll try to update as soon as I can! Byeeeee!