Chapter twenty eight

I sat up in the hospital bed still half out of it. I frantically searched and relaxed when I saw Mia in the bed next to mine, sleeping soundly. She looked so at peace now. I felt something settle in my heart, as I let out a deep breath.

My only regret is that Mia gave Xavier Bianchi a killing shot. I had planned my torture for him. But the peace she feels now that he is dead is enough to tame my anger.

Liam sat in a chair sleeping at an awkward angle, partly cause of his height, for being 15 he is about 6 foot. God only knows how tall he will grow to be. I glance over to the couch on the other side and see Nicholas laying back- Carmen strung across his lap.

"Everyone else is in the other room. Its 4 am go back to bed, well regroup in the morning."

Nick said and I had no protests. Normally I couldnt sleep but with Mia next to me I think I could manage. I reached over grabbing her hand and interlocking it with mine, as I set my eyes closed again. 

When I woke up this time, the lights were on and Mia was stirring around her bed just now getting up as well. My side hurt bad enough that I couldnt get out of bed to go to her, but I had enough strength to grab the side of her bed and pull it so it was right up next to mine. 

"Good morning baby."

She looked at me but she must not have heard me cause she didnt respond- and rather she looked confused. I brushed some hair out of her face as she sat up.

"How are you?"

I asked this time and she didnt even turn my way, she was taking in everyone in the room. Liam was up still sitting in the chair. Nick, Matteo, Damion, and Dante were on the other side of the room observing. The Laurentiis's were no where to be found, and Davina and Carmen were sat on Mias bed, looking at her with...sadness? Pity?? 

"Mia baby."

I said expecting her to acknowledge me yet she diddnt. Liam stood up with a similar expression on his face as he walked over to me. I ignored him.

"MIA!"

I said grabbing her hand- It was then that she whipped her head over to me- tears flowing down her face.

"Baby what's wrong- are you still hurt- talk to me Mia-"

It was Liam that spoke forward- everyone else in the room deathly quiet.

"She can't here you boss."

"What the fuck do you mean she can't hear me?"

"Both of her eardrums were ruptured and burst. She is permanently deaf, there are devices that Dante has looked into-"

I tuned him out as I looked over to her, she was trying to gage my reaction, fuck my sweet fucking girl. I almost lost it to get everyone out.

I simply just grabbed her, she lifted her legs over falling into my arms and hugging me with such intensity I blocked out the pain it caused. 

It was an obstacle, but nothing we couldnt overcome. She was worth everything. She was my everything.

Soon after Dante and Damion left to check on the Laurentiis's and Davina and Carmen took Mia and were spending some time with her. I was still stuck in the hospital bed, Liam, Nick and Matteo joined me with liquor and cigars.

"So Matteo. Have you gotten the girl yet?"

Nick chuckled causing Matteo to flick some ash from the cigar at him. I was taking that as a no.

"From what Carmen has told me, he should just give up now."

"Why what the fuck did she say- what did Davina tell her- I swear-"

Nick ducked the hand that Matteo shot out and pretty soon they had left the room ranting on about their bullshit. I rolled my eyes as Liam came to sit on my bed.

"You did good kid."

I dont give praise often or ever. But I'll make an exeption.

"Mia snuck out on my watch. I couldnt get her back and now she is deaf. You're in a hospital bed. I dont think I did good at all."

"Listen to me kid. I saw you in that club, you had played and beat a table full of milliners and gang leaders at 13. Why do you think I followed you out to the ally way. Saving you from getting your face pounded in. Cause your good. Mia is alive. I am alive. And Xavier is dead- which is Mia's doing so my girl gets the credit for that. Point is, you did good."

Liam was silent taking in my words. He gave me a nod before leaving the room. I sighed and laid back on the uncomfortable bed. 

I grabbed my phone. Ordered Mia one, seeing as she is going to need one from now on. I also ordered a class and immediately started taking it, setting up my phone and starting to practice.

My first lesson was how to sign I love you. 

My second was how to ask her to marry me.

An: okay so super short filler chapter, just wanted to clear up some loose ends and add some details. super cute chapters coming up- and longer ones!!!