Chapter twenty five

I was at the address. 

I made it here after taking a taxi, I didnt have money so I had to give him one of the bracelets Carmen gave me. I hated myself for doing it, but Enzo was more important. I would give up anything to save him. I love him that much.

Instead of knocking on the door where I had a feeling I would get double crossed, I moved to the side of the house. If Enzo was in here somewhere I would find him. Trying to keep as quiet as I could, I made my way to the side where a door leading downstairs appeared. That has to be where he is...

The only problem was it was locked. I had no way of getting in, the only way down was this door and a small window covered in cobwebs. Oh god. This is the one time being small is coming in handy. 

Swallowing back my disgust as I shoe the cobwebs out of the window, I start to throw myself up and through the window, being careful not to make any noice. It was very tight around my waist and at first I thought I would not fit. But I slid through a small cut appearing on my thigh, and no doubt I would have bruises on my ass but I was in.

I was one step closer to my Enzo.

It was pitch black which didnt help the according, but I slowly made my way down the stairs until I heard voices. I instantly stopped panic taking control over me. 

"Where is she?"

"Not sure Sir, shall I look for her around the property?"

"Just wait outside the door, the stupid bitch is probably lost."

"Yes Sir. How is the captive Sir."

"Bleeding out but otherwise alive."

The noises belonged to my father and one of his men. Looking for me. But Enzo was bleeding out, frick I didnt have much time. I needed to get to him. I listened carefully for the footsteps to retread. The ones of the man and then the ones of my father, a door closing was my only sign that they were gone.

I continued walking until I got to a more lit area. This basement looked horrendous. There was chain and drills, I was almost sick as I moved past a wall that reeked of death. What the hell was my father doing down here.

"Enzo...where are you??"

I whispered to myself as I kept up the path. I turned the corner again and halted frozen in front of my worst nightmare.

Enzo.

My Enzo.

Chained, gagged, and a knife in his stomach, blood dripping down his side, bruises and cuts shaped the front of his body, his face beaten to a pulp. 

"Enzo.."

He opened his eyes and I saw when the recognition hit, His eyes flared with rage and love. I almost fell to my knees. Before gathering myself. He needs help. Help him.

"Enzo!"

I snapped out of my trance and went to remove the gag from his mouth, Then starting to work on the chains struggling with the rusting iron.

"No, Mia, No, Please, You- You shouldn't be here-"

"Shhh its okay, your gonna be okay."

"No Mia please you can't- be here-"

"Shh."

I needed him to just trust me, as I still clearly struggled to get these chains off I realized I needed a key. I started to look around for one, my brain took me back to earlier when I heard the two voices. When my father walked away I didnt just hear his footsteps. I heard keys. I must not have thought about it before.