○Long Ago. . .○

1915

A low curse was heard on the first floor, a loud bang quickly following it

A low curse was heard on the first floor, a loud bang quickly following it. The woman stumbled through the home, an annoyed look plastered on her face as she moved past her husband. The man ignored her irritation, ignored everything really. His honey brown eyes glued to the radio, that talk host going on about some serial killer in the town over.

Neither cared that a small child sat at the top of the stairs, a raggedy blanket clutched between his tiny hands. His skin was pale, though it was hard to say if it was caused by the albinism or the lack of sun. Despite this, his face was dotted with freckles, small specks that stood out. His white hair was a mess, lack of care causing to to fling about. Eligos listened as his mother cursed, not daring to make a sound, not daring to bring attention to himself.

He'll tell Ms.Viola about it when she arrives in the morning, after both leave and it's okay to speak once more.

Oh how he loved Ms.Viola. She was the prettiest woman he had ever seen, admittedly having only seen three in his life didn't help his opinions much, but he swore on it that she was a pure angel. She was kind and loving, everything his mother was supposed to be.

"Eligos!" A voice snapped, catching his drifting attention, his head was always in the clouds anyway.

Aurelia stood at the bottom of the stairs, a scowl on her face as she looked at her son. The child looked nothing like them, the albinism having skipped two generations before it got to him, so her dark black hair and brown eyes had anyone that saw them question if she was truly his mother, or they did before she stopped taking him outside.

He didn't reply, but kept his attention on her. Knowing better then to speak unless asked a direct question.

"Get down here." Aurelia forced a smile onto her face, trying to make herself look motherly and kind.

Eligos did as told, slowly making his way down the stairs, careful to not trip over his night gown. Once at the bottom of the stairs, she gently placed a hand on his head, petting him slightly.

Did she see him as a dog?

"Mommy loves you very much." She smiled, crouching down. "Thats why you have to make mommy happy because mommy loves you." Her hand slid down and rested on his shoulder. "You owe mommy for loving you. The people out there won't love you. Remember how that boy hurt you?" Her smile grew as she tilted her head to the side.

"They are all like that because you are different, but mommy doesn't care, mommy loves you so you can't ever leave mommy." She squeezed tightly, earning a shaky nod from her son. "You'll always be with me." She quickly stood up and turned away, her smile dropping at the sight of her husband, his eyes still glued to that awful radio.