016

016[ⁱʳˡ ᵃⁿd ᵗᵉˣᵗ]↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

016
[ⁱʳˡ ᵃⁿd ᵗᵉˣᵗ]
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

"i had the best night zola" chris rambles as she drags him into the house, "i had so much fun,"

"good chris," she hums, leading him by his hand

"wait," he stops, making her turn around, "does my hair look ugly right now?" his words slightly slur together

she snickers, "yeah, kinda."

nick giggles from across the kitchen, grabbing himself water

"your always so mean to me,"

"i'm literally not mean," hayden defends herself, "im just being brutally honest about your ugliness."

matt rolls his eyes, interrupting the two, "hay, when your done babysitting wanna come up and watch a movie?"

"mhm! be right there!" she pushes chris into his bedroom as he protests he doesn't need a babysitter.

she looks through his closet, throwing him a change of clothes, while grabbing a hoodie for herself to wear.

"i'm glad my fake girlfriends pretty." he murmurs, collapsing on his bed after he changes what he's wearing

zola bites her lip, wanting to ask, but afraid his reaction might not be good, "um, i wanted to talk about that actually."

she hates the way he still has a smile on his face, nodding along, prompting her to continue.

"i don't really want to fake date anymore."

chris's face falls, before he quickly tries to cover it up, "okay," he rubs a hand over his face, "is that it?"

"uh- yeah." she simply says. she could admit that the fact they're actually becoming close is freaking her out, and that her brain screams at her everytime she's with him.

but she decides that's not needed.

he lays down as she turns off the lights, stopping her when she stands up.

"zola, can you stay till i fall asleep?" he rolls over, looking up at her

she pauses, before sitting back down onto the bed, "yeah."

she's just doing this because he's drunk, and hayden feels bad. that's the only reason.

"is hayden in there?" matt asks, peering into the hallway to see nick leaving his bedroom

he looks behind him quizzically, "um no?"

matt rolls his eyes, heading down the stairs towards chris's room.

all the while nick follows, "matt- no. bro chill. matt, let them-"

matt opens the door, peering in. nick sees his brother pause, sticking his own head in to see as well.

hayden's head is rested on chris's chest, one arm laying over his torso. his hand rests on the small of her back, the other behind her head as if he fell asleep playing with her hair.

nick yanks matt outside, shutting the door quietly.

"what the fuck are you doing?" he whisper shouts, "leave them alone!"

the boy looks defeated, pacing around the family room.

he bites his fingernails, "it's not fucking fake anymore, he literally wants her."

while nick feels bad for his brother, he doesn't want to lie to him, "yeah."

matt looks up, holding eye contact with nick, "but he hates her."

"no he doesn't, not really," nick says quietly, "she just makes him feel things that he's claimed don't exist."

there's a pause, matt taking in what his brother just said.

he doesn't really know when he started to love hayden so much, or in that way, but it's been so long.

and the thought of his brother liking her- the thought of HER liking his BROTHER, literally makes his chest hurt.

"she would never like him like that though," he says, unsure of if he's convincing himself or nick, "she literally hates him, just wait, you'll see."

MATTHEW🙌🏻🙌🏻 12:24 am

MATTHEW🙌🏻🙌🏻 12:45 am

a/n

hi sorry ik this is short i was kinda at a loss of what to do for a bit but i think i have an idea

sorry for the slow burn but let's just say chris and zola will have a sec before they get together fr

IF they ever do.....