013

013[ⁱʳˡ ᵃⁿd ᵗᵉˣᵗ]↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

013
[ⁱʳˡ ᵃⁿd ᵗᵉˣᵗ]
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

"no fucking way!" hayden giggles on the facetime call with maddy, "that would literally only happen to you mads."

matt leans over her shoulder, "i still don't understand how you can trip over nothing like that!"

"and you know what," maddy smacks her lips, "i came out of it with a makeout sesh and a number, don't hate the player, hate the game."

"that's something chris-"

zolas words are cut off by chris himself, storming through the door angrily.

"i got you your fucking taco bell you wanted," he just about throws it down on the table in front of the two, "can i rant?"

"uhhh mads i'll call you back," hayden hangs up, "what happened?"

chris paces back and forth across from them, "i went to elena's."

"oh"

"is that not good?" matt raises a brow

chris takes his beanie off, running a hand through his hair, "i mean it was good. until christian called her and she said she had to go. i can read a fucking contact name it's not like i'm dumb."

hayden gets angered at the sound of her name, but tries to remain empathetic, "sorry chris."

"do you really want to still be with her if she's like that now bro?"

chris sits down on the couch, seeming defeated, "she can change. i know she can."

zola bites her lip, "you shouldn't fall in love with potential chris."

he pauses, just looking at the girl in front of him, before sighing, "i guess your right." he looks down, before looking up, "OR at homecoming we could just be like it couple and make her super jealous."

she rolls her eyes, "or that weirdo, whatever."

"alright, anyways," chris stretches out on the couch, crossing his leggings, " whatre y'all up to??"

the three relax to themselves, playing games of mario kart and trash talking for a few hours. that is, until nick drags matt away to be his chauffeur to the mall, chris and zola are left alone.

a silence falls over the two, hayden biting her lip.

"are you mad? you look mad." she asks, speaking quickly

he hums, checking his phone, "i'm not mad."

"your face is screwed up like when your mad." she points out

"i'm perturbed," he chuckles at his own word choice, "not mad."

a few moments of silence pass.

she blurts, "you still look mad."

"jesus zola!" chris exclaims, chuckling as he moves to sit next to her on the other couch, "im not mad, there's nothing to be mad over." he reassures

"okay," she exhales slouching in her seat, "just checking."

chris scrolls through his phone, bored of social media. he's not sure when he suddenly actually wanted to be around the girl he formerly hated- or wait.

he still hates her. so much. but like- in a way it's fun to be around her.

"can you make cookies?"  he turns

"um," hayden raises a brow, "feminism bitch. make your own fucking cookies."

chris raises his hands in defense, "ok loser, im gonna mess them up. pleassseeeee?" he whines like a five year old

she hides her grin from watching him beg, "fine. you have to help me though. cmon get the ingredients out."

the two fall on the topic of their childhoods they bake, reminiscing on stories.

"you were so violent as a kid,"

"no i wasn't." hayden defends herself, "maybe you were just a little bitch."

chris deadpans, "you literally slapped me in the face in third grade."

"i didn't slap you in the face, i just like- high fived it!"

"right," he watches as she mixes ingredients in a bowl, "like you didn't also bite me when i wouldn't give you my fingerprint in first grade."

her lips turn to a thin line, unable to redeem herself for that one.

"crack these eggs for me," she goes to wash her hands that are encompassed in flour

chris moves to the eggs, his face wrinkling, "im bad at this. i always get shells in."

drying her hands off, she sighs, "look," he stands behind her, and she grabs his hands, putting hers over his to make him do it, "see? easy."

she sees him stare at her for a moment, so quick she's not even sure she noticed before he nods, "yeah, i see."

he starts adding the wet ingredients, zola sitting on the counter idly, before she asks, "can i tell maddy this is fake?"

"yeah," he nods, "if you want. i trust her."

she picks up her phone, texting her best friend

MAD DOG💪🏻💪🏻

lemme tell u something crazy
u cant get mad tho

uh oh
what is it hoe
PULL UP HOE‼️

sooo
me and chris r not dating
never were
never will
we r just trtna get elena jealous

WHAAAAAAAT
UM
YOU FOOLED ME
WHY AM I JUST FIGURING
THIS OUR NOW
FUCKUFUCKUFUCKU

🫣🫣
sorry
we r just friends

girl.
r u joking
he looks at u like
ur his entire world

hayden cant help but smile at her phone, chris leaning over,

"what'd she say?"

she pulls her phone to her chest so he can't see, "she's mad." she giggles, "let's take these out."

chris shrugs, pulling the cookies out from the oven. but form the sight of these horrendous monstrosities, the two go mute.

the cookies are practically black, but also somehow liquid, completely inedible.

"what the fuck did you do?" hayden puts a finger to his chest, accusing the boy

"how do we know it's my fault?!" he holds his hands up, before pausing, "so- what do we do?"

"this was your idea. you solve it." she crosses her arms

"no way, i only come up with the ideas!"

a/n

hayden needing the validation bc of her abandonment issues is so me

trust hoco is next chapter don't even worry trust my lovelies pls give me feedback i always think my own writing sucks